The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
flatblack67c-10

gen. III sbc into 67-72 swap questions

Ok, guys, I am building a 70 model chevy and have a couple of questions about swapping a generation III small block truck motor...I've found a couple of low mileage salvage 2000 model 5.3's not far from here, and i really like the idea of late model muscle in these old trucks....Ok first of all, the 5.3 that i have found come with the engine wiring harness, intake, throttle body, manifolds, waterpump, and all sensors... I plan on building my own motor mounts so thats not an issue..Ok, after i buy an ECM, how many wires does it take to power up the ECM, and does the diagnostic port tie into the factory dash harness or does it go directly to the ECM? Now for the fuel system...How many PSI do these fuel systems require, and do you have to get fuel lines made or just reuse the factory 2000 model fuel lines? Which fuel pump would you recommend, factory 2000 pump? And finnally, Will a turbo350 transmission torque converter bolt up to a 5.3 flexplate? I plan on running the turbo 350 until i can afford an overdrive.....Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any comments.....
was 67 chevy swb fleet now muticolored 69 step, 350/350, 3.73 posi, converted to 5 lug, torq thrust II 17x8 front 17x9.5 rear, factory air cab, fuel cell. future plans: shaved wiper cowl, shave stake pockets, phantom grille, and silver paint...
68 camaro ss396 project
54 f*rd project truck
flatblack67c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote