The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
559WOODY

Steelhorse seats and speaker question

i was wondering if anyone here had these seats in their truck....i am looking to get a nice bench seat with a fold down middle console..the only trick is that my shifter for my tranny will still have to fit and i would like to put 2 10" subs and my amps under the seat or maybe put the amp rack behind the seat if that was not possible i don't think i will be moving my gas tank due to the fact that i enjoy having my spare tire there.....if anyone had any pics of these seats or of installs of subs that would be very much appreciated
559WOODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 08:45 PM   #2
jay6891
Car Knocker

I have Steel horse seats in my truck. Sound just about the same as you are discribing. In order for me to get the seat back far enough for my legs and arms to clear steering wheel. I had to take off the head rest.They would hit back glass. No room behind seat for subs. On mine I couldn't lift the center console up for third passenger seating, It would rub fuel tank, OUCH! I did relocate tank to rear and with the head rest off. Best seats I have ever sat in. Sorry no digi cam, no pics.
68 c-10,91 sportside bed,350 .030 over,4 bolt,10-1 comp,2.05 intake/1.94 exhaust,1.6 Harland Sharp roller rockers,edelbrock rpm cam and intake w/750 carb, 700r4, 3.73 gears,Jacabbs Electronic Igntion w/Accel HEI distributer and super coil. ZR-1 roll pan, filled tailights. Blazer tank. Hidden hitch. 2 1/2" Flowmaster 40's. Parts bought but not installed>> ford 9" posi with disc. CCP front and rear lowering kit 4/5. Cab corners,foor boards,rockers, cab braces, Phatom grill, Painless wiring kit.
jay6891 is offline   Reply With Quote