The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
72 Cheyenne402

Anybody going to the Autorama in Dallas next month?????????

Tha Autorama is comming to Dallas next month. I missed it last year but I plan to go this year. I would like to see some Classic truck vendors. When I went to the Autorama in Houston there were quite a few vendors and a big swap meet. Can't wait???
72 Cheyenne402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Anybody going to the Autorama in DAllas next month?????????

The Houston Autorama was 10 times better than the Dallas show. I say was because they moved the Houston show last year & from others that went, indications were it had a big impact on the show.

The Dallas show is ok, but there aren't many vendors @ the show.

I also noticed that SuperChevy will no longer be hosting events @ the TX Motorplex (Dallas) or Baytown (Houston) racetracks. This year, SuperChevy will be held @ San Antonio.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
lofly'a

i always make the houston autorama and it gets smaller every year. when it was held in the astro arena(s) up until a few years back it was huge and all the vendors came (local and national). it seems like when the reliant center was built, the autorama was no longer a desired venue for them. the autorama moved last year to a nice place (George ? Arena?), but there was'nt nearly as much there. lotta empty spots inside. i miss the old food vendors, antique tractors, and burn-out contest when the astrodomain had the show.

in comparison, i went to the dallas autorama last year, and was a total let down compared to houston. our houston visits lasted at least 7 to 8 hours, and that was just to look at everything. longer if you stopped to drool, or talk to vendors and participants, or buy anything. our dallas visit lasted all of 2 hours and there was not much else to see. vendors were very few. i hope the houston show grows back to where it was in recent years, me and my 2 sons have'nt missed one in 7 years, and i always look forward to it.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofly'a
.... in comparison, i went to the dallas autorama last year, and was a total let down compared to houston. our houston visits lasted at least 7 to 8 hours, and that was just to look at everything. longer if you stopped to drool, or talk to vendors and participants, or buy anything. our dallas visit lasted all of 2 hours and there was not much else to see. vendors were very few. i hope the houston show grows back to where it was in recent years, me and my 2 sons have'nt missed one in 7 years, and i always look forward to it.
Exactly. Houston was an all-day road trip for me for the last 20yrs. Leave the house around 7am. Drive 4hrs & arrive in time to eat lunch. Hit the show about noon & stay until 7 (sometimes not even seeing everything @ the show & swap-meet). Then the 4hr drive back home.

I live around Dallas & sometimes can't decide if it's worth driving the 20mins across town for the show. I might try the new Houston venue out this year. The timing just wasn't good last year & since they switched locations, I decided to not go not knowing what to expect.

FWIW, the Ft.Worth 'Rod & Custom' show is usually pretty decent & is a week or two after Dallas.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-23-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
lofly'a

it is a real nice arena, just not the participation that was there years back. i won't stop attending until i don't enjoy it anymore, cuz in my neck of the woods the shows always suck and are few and far between. we have no annual events for at least a 100 miles. my ultimate goal is to get into a sema show and the oakland roadster show once in my lifetime.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
67chevemall

SuperChevy will no longer be hosting events @ the TX Motorplex (Dallas) or Baytown (Houston) racetracks. This year, SuperChevy will be held @ San Antonio

Woe you guys have superchevy.
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #7
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofly'a
.... i won't stop attending until i don't enjoy it anymore, cuz in my neck of the woods the shows always suck and are few and far between. we have no annual events for at least a 100 miles. my ultimate goal is to get into a sema show and the oakland roadster show once in my lifetime.
You make me sound spoiled .

Definitely.... If you ever get the chance, GO TO SEMA! I went @ the last minute in 04(?) & it was awesome. Wear your walking shoes. I know I prob didn't get to see half of the rides there & I was there for 3 days.

I would also like to do the Detroit Autorama & the Oakland Roadster show @ some point in time. They seem to be the premier shows. Also the GoodGuys Columbus show is a pretty big draw because of the 'Street-Machine of the Year' contest.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG