The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
BIGT05

test drive

aahhh finally back just got out of the navy apprently my knee is not what i thought it was but any way i am serching for a truck and today i took a 72 gmc for a spin had a 350 in it it cranked right up sounded pretty good so i proceded to take it out of the lot it hand the normal body were and tear for a truck its age wich did not bother me on bit i drove about mile down the road got it up to 70 and then came to a stop then proceded to floor it the 350 was unresponsive and even tried to die on me so then i proceded to ease it to the floor after it got over the hick up once again it decided to try and die so then i put in low and tried with only the same results i was very dismayed it was nice looking but i cant go around in something slower than the v6 ive got sitting in the yard ahh alas i will find a beuty one day

i fought the law and i won i fought the law and i won

94 ford ranger -granpas old truck can anyone say chevy smallblock

a man and his truck ahh its a beautiful thing

Ive got an idea Lets just poke it!!
BIGT05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
70rs/ss

Re: test drive

My brother used to live in Vidor down the road from you. It sounds like you were expecting these old original 350 to run fast? If you take the cam, intake, carb, and dist out and replace with newer technology you will be quantly suprised. I am guessing the quadraflood is bad and or the fuel pump, maybe a flat cam and don't get me started on the points dist. Find one and make the above changes or buy one already updated. It sounds like this one is tired and might ultimately need a motor. Good luck, let me know if you are looking for a a nicer updated truck/burb/ or Blazer as they are nice and rust free.

mike
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote