The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
muddpile

Autometer fuel gauge, stock sender?

What ohm reading does my fuel gauge need to work with the stock fuel sender? I bought an autometer streetrod gauge package and it came with a universal fuel gauge and its own sender. I can't make the new sender work with the stock tank, so I assume I can't use the autometer gauge and will need to buy a different one. What ohm range is a GM sender? I used to know, but can't remember.
muddpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #2
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Re: Autometer fuel gauge, stock sender?

0 empty 90 full.
btw haven't seen any pics of your progress in a while. *hint*
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
muddpile

Autometers website says 240 Full, 33 Empty, so it looks like I'll be ordering a different one. As for progress, I haven't posted any pics because I haven't really made anything look a whole lot different. I painted the diff, straightened out all the brake lines, cleaned up the rear brakes (shoes are like new, but the drums were PACKED with dust, probably put new ones in but never cleaned them. I cleaned up the drums and gave them a coat of high heat black, cut out the drivers side floor for welding in the patch, removed the front bumper, straightened the mess that was the front of the frame rails (obviously its been towed before on a rope or chain). I picked up my new inner fenders and smooth tailgate also. I'm hoping to start welding by the weekend, so I'll be taking a lot of pictures then.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

sounds good.Where did you get your inners from?
Good luck with the floor,lookin forward to the progress pics.
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:17 AM   #5
muddpile

I got all my Goodmark sheetmetal from Innovation Autosports in Regina. They used to just sell stereo equipment, but have branched off into many other automotive areas. I bought just about every panel I could:
-Both Front Fenders
-Both Doors
-Both Rockers Inner/Outer
-Both Cab Corners
-Both Front Floor Pans
-Both Rear Outer Floor Pans
-All Four Cab Supports
-Smooth Tailgate
-Inner Fenders

I think thats about it. The truck came with a perfect bed and tailgate as a bonus, but the tailgate says GMC on it. I will be shaving the stake pocket holed and the bedrail holes on it, but other that that it needed no work. From there forward on the other hand........At first I thought my cab was unrepairable, but once I looked into patch panels, I realized that its not going to be too bad at all.