The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2002, 10:31 PM   #1
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Talking I get to use my truck MORE OFTEN now!

Well, I get to use my truck more often now, but it's not as exciting as it sounds. The reason being is that there was about $3,000 worth of damage done to my car this morning in a car accident!

Buckled the hood, smashed the front end off, buckled passenger side fender enough so that the door opens about an inch max. Bent the radiator support and radiator itself in towards the engine, but didn't lose a drop! And there's also a click coming from my CV joints now.

Snapped some pictures today, but have to get them developed. Good thing I fixed my truck two weeks ago, otherwise I'd be focked!
Old 09-21-2002, 01:00 AM   #2
Crank

You shoulda been driving your truck, you woulda dented your bumper but totaled the other car. Im sure if you would have dented the bumper someone could have found you a descent one for a reasonable price too, not like $3000 like it's gonna cost to fix ur other ride. But in all seriousness, hope ur okay, and sorry about the car.
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 09:07 AM   #3
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Here's a pic, since I got them developed yesterday:
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2002, 09:11 AM   #4
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Another...BTW, the damage is a lot worse than it looks in the photos. I have a replacement fender and front headerpanel that I salvaged from the junkyard yesterday. Now all I have to do is hook a come-a-long to the front end, and yank it straight again!
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2002, 09:16 AM   #5
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

I'm alright Brabra, and THANK GOD I wasn't driving my truck!!! Funny thing was, I was originally going to drive it to work instead of the car! If it had been the truck instead of the car, the lady in front of me would have had to have her muffler pulled out of her ass!!

The other vehicle was a "work in progress" and recieved minor damage, so that's a good thing.

I doubt in the end it will total up to $3000 worth of work, as I will be doing it myself...HATE the insurance company, will do anything to avoid! Any of the members here that live in B.C. will know what I'm talking about

http://www3.telus.net/icbcsucks/
Old 09-22-2002, 09:24 AM   #6
Truck Hippy

Hey. I hope your ok. Several years ago me and 2 friends left work for lunch in my friends Plymouth Horizon. We were stoped in traffic and next thing i know is we get smashed in the @ss by a guy in a late 70's chevy 1/2 ton pick-up. We were all ok just alittle shook up. Any way, Scotts car was a right off. The rear doors would not open. The rear of the car was smashed down on to the rear wheels. My point here is that the truck had NO damage. Not even a busted grill or bent bumper. We were all looking at it when the police showed up. The guy that smashed in to us even took us back to work in the pick-up. I hope i'm in my truck if i ever get into another wreck.
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 03:12 PM   #7
Crank

Yeah, Truck Hippy, that's what I mean. You could total a little Honda Civic and hardly scratch the paint on the truck. Chevy used to make Tough ****!!! Now they make some cool stuff that can't hardly run right. But good luck on the fix. Good luck to ya.
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote