The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Mounting high lift jack, and usage

Where and how should i mount one to my stock/factory roll bar on my blazer. I saw another guy at the college today with one mounted on his and it looked nice (plus i should have one!). Which brings me to my next question, where would i place the jack when using it?

Thanks guys... oh yea, and if you have one, why dont you let me know how big it is and what it cost... so i have a ball park #.

On a side note my remanufactured batt. fried yesterday. It had an oaky rigged ground and no back up ground... which obviously stopped grounding and as said, the batt. was toast. It had been that way since i got it years ago so i'm just lucky i made it this far. I got a fatty interstate batt. now that was installed at a garage so its actually done correctly. also added a ground from the block to the fire wall. I'll take pics since its such a nice job

Oh yea, and if you live in SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA, and have a green blazer w/ high lift jack mounted on the roll bar - i saw you today!!!

I also saw some biatch driving what looked to be a restored (but jacked up 4x4 1st gen) blazer... it must have been her dads or bfs/husbands.... when i pulled up to her at a stop i said nice blazer... ( i was in mine also) ... she gave me a look that seemed like a "oh is that what i'm driving?" and said "eh thanks" like she couldnt give a care i was saying i like her ride.. (biatch). Then she mashed the gas and took off, i waited a second, laughed, then proceeded to blow her doors off...

so also if you live in SLO and have a cherry ORANGE blazer and let some woman drive it... shes's silly, dont let her drive it anymore..

Last edited by Medicanman71; 02-16-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
BobbyK

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
Re: Mounting high lift jack, and usage

There was a chick that showed up to Blazer-Fest 2002(Hollister,Ca.) in a cherry orange 1st gen.
She said it was her's and her Dad and Brother helped HER restore it.(meaning she did the work as well)

Anyway she ended up burning the truck up a little,small underhood electrical fire,and got towed out of the obstical course,never saw her and her hot friends after that.

Maybe it's the same chick.Didn't seem she liked talking about HER truck at Blazer-Fest either.
Here is a crappy pic. of it.Sorry...no pic's of the HOT friends.

Last edited by BobbyK; 02-16-2006 at 08:05 PM.
BobbyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Yea, she wasnt MUCH too look at herself, im much more happy looking at MY girl next to me in my blazer... but damn, that sounds like the girl... Too bad her cherry blazer is gutless

I think she goes to Cal Poly SLO.. That for SURE looks like it could have been "her" rig... she had a pretty cherry looking white top on it though complete with handle/lock etc. What a blazer snob
Old 02-17-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
smokekiki
Mike

High lift jack from summit:$59.88 for 48" all cast.
$49.88 for cast and stamped steel
$64.88 for all cast 60"
They have all kinds of accessories for the jack including mounts.
The stock bumpers are not made for jacking,that is why they had axle jacks from the factory.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

There was one guy on the board who mounted his high lift jack to the back stabalizing bar on his roll bar with chain link fence brackets. He was able to lock the jack to the bracket on one end and bolt it on the other. Using the lock prevented it from walking away when the top was off.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
71swb4x4

Mount that thing real well. If you ever get into an accident or find yourself tires up you sure don't want a hi-lift flying around.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

So where do you guys (if any of you have ) use them on your blazers... i know about the bumpers i wouldnt even think about it... thats why i ask... i'm use to floor jacks, and just going under the axles but obviously that aint going to happen with a high lift... still need one for wheelin though so... what's what? Dont tell me i would have to built rock sliders etc. just to use one.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #8
gjk5

They have a sling that mounts to your tires that Hi-Lift makes so you don't have to bumper lift it.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
Chris_T

I replaced my rear with a bumper that also has a swing out tire carrier that mounts a hi-lift. On the bottom of the bumper there are spaces for the hi-lift bordered by 3/8" round stock (just wider than the hi-lift) so that the bumper doesn't slide off the jack.

On the front I usually lift from the bumper, right at the frame. My bumper is tweaked so I don't mind, but keep in mind that even with the sling they sell you're still pulling on the bumper itself. When I get around to it I'm going to mount stable jack mounts there - it's easy for an off camber vehicle to slide sideways on the 'nose' of a hi-lift.

last thought - get yourself a short length of chain with hooks. It's WAY easier (and safer) to chain the axle to the frame and lift a short distance than to have to lift the body all the way through the suspension travel to get the tire of the ground. Takes less time too
Chris_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #10
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Your gonna have to get some solid bumpers for a hi-lift to work they will bend the stock bumpers first time you jack it up a winch may be a better idea..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote