The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

WTB -- 73 - 79 4x4 floor hump section

Howdy!

I'm needing a rather large chunk of floor for my 80. As many of you know, she started life as a 2wd auto, which equals low hump. However, being an 80, it didn't have the unboltable floor hump.

Now, I swapped it to 4x4, and put an SM465/205 combo under it, so I had to cut a hole in the floor for the 465, but what I didn't know was that the t-case was gonna hit too.

So, I took a look at a buddy's 4x4, and I see that they have a section of the floor under the seat cut out, with a hump spotwelded in at the factory for the transfercase to sit under.

Now, I have been looking for a floor hump in junkyards, and finally found one that even had the correct SM465/205 holes cut in it, but the junkyard won't let me take my sawzall in to cut it out

So, I am basically down to trying to find someone somewhat local who has a junk 4x4 cab they wouldn't mind cutting basically the whole hump out of for me.

I need the whole hump from the front by the firewall to the back under the seat. However, I want one that has the unboltable hump section, which means I need a bit all around it to get the unboltable ring portion. They will only be found in 73-79 trucks. In 80, all high humps were welded in too.

I don't want to ship this thing half way across the continent, so I'm gonna have to ask that this be limited to people in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or maybe Montana or another border state.

Anyone have one for me?

Last edited by Russell; 02-15-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
slingin mud
Mark

Re: WTB -- 73 - 79 4x4 floor hump section

russel did you find your part yett if not let me know i may be able to help ya
Old 02-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
Russell
Professional Grade

Re: WTB -- 73 - 79 4x4 floor hump section

Nope, no such luck around here

My only concern about posting this here is that shipping on a peice of sheet metal that large would be killer (like 60 - 70 bucks USPS)