The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #26
HuggerCST

Re: Is it me or is this price high?

Another $500+ tilt column with 3 days to go. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT It seems odd to me that these 3 or 4 people that are bidding so much $$$ don't just bid on the other tilts on ebay that aren't nearly as high. Almost seems fixed, but people do strange things.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #27
Huskerboy2

I know what you mean. There are two other tilts on ebay right now that are at $150-$200. Why wouldn't you just move on to the next one when it got that high?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #28
HeavyD

Well that price is just stupid. I couldn't get half that for my truck tilt, maybe I should throw it on there and see what happens? $177 for a non tilt? Guess I shouldn't keep tossing these out. Wonder what van tilts go for? I got so tired of tripping over one that I gave it away to a board member...now I will probably see one sell for $450 this weekend. Anyone wanna buy a chewed up, faded, cracked tan steering wheel for a few hundred??
Old 03-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #29
8bolt

As long as people are willing to pay the the high and in m.o.p. ridiculous price for some of these things the price will keep going up.Some of the e-bay bidders get caught up in a bidding frenzy.
8bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #30
72armyswbtruck

And to think that I just sold one to a board member for $150, he could list his and tripple is investment
Old 03-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #31
greenhorn male

I've had two sitting in my garage, one of them nearly 2 years and the other one for a month. The reason I haven't put the older one in my truck is that the non-tilt one works so good (signals and horn). I sold a third one a couple of months ago for $200 or maybe $150 (i can't remember now). I sold all my van tilts much cheaper. Someone got a floor shift on ebay for $290 "Buy it now" a couple of weeks ago. I almost bid on it but didn't need it and the pics were crappy. I wonder if a board member got that one. Those ebay sales makes me just want to put both of my tilts on there.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #32
rkarr

What year van tilts fit our trucks?
I'm sure there's another link, but was just thibnking one of you guys might know...
Greenhorn, maybe you could sell those on e-bay and buy a completed tricked out showtruck!!
Thanks.
Shortened frame for SWB, ECE 4-6 drop. ECE SS tank. All new ECE suspension. Rebuilt 12 bolt 3:73 with Eaton Posi. Front and rear disc brakes. Ramjet 350 and 700r-4 trans.
20" Centerline wheels with Kumho 295/45/20 tires (I hope they fit).
Progress pics: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uck/?start=all
----------------
Seriously... It's nothing a large dose of cash can't fix... Right? After all, I can't take it with me when I go... Just gotta have enough to get there!!!
rkarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #33
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

It was a number of years back, like 1979, but I bought a tilt column for my '67 Impala that was the right color and had a better steering wheel than my old one.....for $10.

Later, I bought a tilt column for my '67 Firebird (okay, it was from a Camaro), for $100. Let's see.....that was in 1982. I later sold it for $250.

I haven't looked for the price on either one, so don't tell me.

I really think I'd rather buy an ididit or a Flaming River unit, new. Oh, I'd have mine painted, so it looked more or less original.

The wood rim steering wheel on the first column, is junk. It's aftermarket and not very comfortable. Had one on my Firebird. Pure 70's, though.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:17 AM   #34
greenhorn male

I'm not sure what years van tilts look like the trucks as I never look at the years and sometimes I can't distiguish the different years. I am guessing early to late 70's. When I'm at the wrecking yard I just zip through the chevy and GMC vans to see if there are any keyless van tilts. Sometimes the steering wheels are the same as the trucks also. Make sure you check for AM/FM radios in the vans also. Although they are not exact, they are close and makes for a nice fill for the factory radio opening. Hmmm...I just remembered, I got one of those radios somewhere also.

When I pull the van tilts, after disconnecting the bolts at the gearbox, I just take a sharp knife and cut the gasket along the floor opening. It's a lot easier than removing the small hexhead screws.