The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #26
70rs/ss

Re: Pros and Cons of Rhino Linings

I just finished my Blazer, I used Urethane bushings from Summit about $80 and new bolts another $20 ish and A LOT of time. I spent roughly 6 hours aligning, cutting etc, but in the end the work is worth it. Unless your bushings have been change, do it because they are 33 ish years old and I'll all but assure you they are mush. do it befor the line X and your life will be easier.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #27
C10 Club Tennessee

Since nobody gave you any pics here's mine. I know it's not a blazer, but thought it might help. And also like posting this pic. Now it's pretty apparent that I don't use mine AT ALL!!!

I went to pay a little on my 700r4 yesterday at the shop and the guy told me I could take it home if I wanted to, but I told him I was in my truck. He looked at me strange because I brought it over in Luv's Civic.
Attached Images

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #28
1972CheyenneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicanman71
72cheyennesuper - you dont really seam too for the idea do ya good point/s though, i understand.
I was thinking about spraying my truck with it, but I figure you can repaint it 3 or 4 times for the cost of one permanant application of this stuff. Plus if it rusts out, all of the covered sheetmetal will need to be replaced. A guy that owns a local sandblasting place in my area was blasting the bed of a Ford truck (No more than 10 years old) with a spray on bedliner. He was going along when he started going through the bedliner. There was no metal underneath the coating! If you want the truck to last a long time, I truly believe paint is the way to go. The many places that do it, just don't take the time to properly prep the metal.

Last edited by 1972CheyenneSuper; 03-07-2006 at 05:16 PM.
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:47 AM   #29
Steve N 69 69 69

I just took My '71 to Line X in Monrovia Ca. for an estimate. I was told 700 bucks, since my floors were nice and clean ( not rusty ), if I bring it in stripped of all carpet/seats.
I think I'll be painting it myself, and go out for burgers (a hundred times) with the left over cash.
Steve N 69 69 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:02 AM   #30
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Yea i for sure would NOT pay major bank to have some jerks 1/2 ass a prep and spray job... i'll have to think about this some more... i've GOT to take the carpet and foarm etc out of the front though before lone.
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #31
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69
Since nobody gave you any pics here's mine. I know it's not a blazer, but thought it might help. And also like posting this pic. Now it's pretty apparent that I don't use mine AT ALL!!!

I went to pay a little on my 700r4 yesterday at the shop and the guy told me I could take it home if I wanted to, but I told him I was in my truck. He looked at me strange because I brought it over in Luv's Civic.
Is your liner painted or sprayed that color? I will probably do the underside like the original uncoating was done, and the bed walls. My main interest is road noise abatement.

Mike
Old 03-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #32
75Chevy90Kawi
the green machine

700 bucks??? i had mine done (at a nice reputable shop) for $500 for my 8' bed. it was an extra $50 to do the rails, but since our family has another truck with linex, they did the rails for free. my bed was nice too. a little surface rust, but that was it.
My pictures
75Chevy90Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:08 AM   #33
Ochre

Has anyone here done the underside with some sort of line-x/rhino type coating? Here in the midwest I'd be far more concerned with rust coming up from the bottom than down from the top..
Ochre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #34
VinceY
Just need a couple more parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochre
Has anyone here done the underside with some sort of line-x/rhino type coating? Here in the midwest I'd be far more concerned with rust coming up from the bottom than down from the top..
When I got mine last summer I took a weekend to use a buddies sandblaster to get everything off off the floor, wheel wells and frame underneath that I could. Not a fun job but my blazer came from the south so rust was not an issue. After the metal was clean I gave it a coat of self etching primer and then undercoating. It seems to be holding up really good. It took more time than money to do this and now that it is done I think I will get under it every fall to touch up the undercoating. Looks good all black underneath.
1958 Shasta Airflyte Travel trailer (fresh restoration)
1971 C/10 Pickup(Frame off Restoration)
1972 K5 Blazer CST (Daily Driver & My Company Truck)
1976 Honda CB750 Bobber
1988 Jaguar XJ12
VinceY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #35
Jimmy72custom

My Jimmy was already undercoated when I purchased it. So after I finished the rust repair and body mounts I pressure washed the under side, primed and painted the bare metal and under coated the entire truck with a brush on undercoating.
Jimmy72custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #36
Musclerodz

After talking to my paint store couple days ago, I think I am going to use SEM's liner coating which is tintable. A guy that works there put it in his dad's pickup and is holding up well.

Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #37
earl87gta

I have used this with good resolts plus they come in a lot of colors.
http://www.durabakcompany.com/duraba...OVMTC=advanced