The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
karl

dump bed question

i have a 77 step half ton and am considering installing a dump bed for acess to fuel tanks suspension ect. anyone done this and what was your experience? whats the best way to go about this task? thanks
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
SSC's76
No No

Re: dump bed question

I always thought it would be cool to have one but they tend to bouce around alot and make a DD not very enjoyable.

Ive actually put a few on fNords and Dodges. The newer setups are fairly straight forward installs. Some have brackets that need to be welded some are direct fit and bolt to the box bolts and the spare holes in the frame to mount the ram/hinges then run a few wires from the battery back to the pump and into the cab for the switch and your good.

As far as doing this to access the under carrige might be bit overkill but if you use the truck for hauling loads or just think it would be real cool to flip the switch and raise the box.
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
cutter61

check out loadhog.com-they use an air bag capable of 4500 lbs,i think-i seen an install on an episode of TRUCKS on tnn the other day-keeps the stock look and looks like an easy set-up-
Old 03-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #4
cutter61

check this one out-totally stock chevy-found it on their pic page-now you got me thinking of one-lol
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
86 GMG

what kinda money are we talking about for this i think the work truck on the farm needs this so that i can clean it out after my father in law uses it a few days damn he can sure cluder thing up sometimes it would also help unloading feed and such.