The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

New toys for my collection

Here are a few new additions since Christmas. The dump truck is based on a 67-72 cab, but the grill area looks more like a C-50 style. The New Holland one is the same as the Ace Hardware truck that you can find. There is also an Indian Motorcycle version of this and some others I've come across. I can't afford to buy every version though. The green ertl truck has a plain blue version also, they have a GMC grill. I just bought a second Wix Blazer on ebay. I also have the US Marshal version of the blazer, but the police lights are missing.

There is one hot wheels version of the 69 custom that I need yet. It's the red one with the lower body stripes, the Haul N Asphalt version. They have them on ebay, but $8-10 with shipping seems excessive, which is probably why they have been listed forever without selling. If someone has an extra for sale, PM me.

HG
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Re: New toys for my collection

Those are some nice diecast. I have some that I like and modify too.

Don't worry I have another one.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Andy, I like what you've done. The yellow step side should have the bed two-tone also, like the trailer. I can't recall seeing any two tone step sides, though I'm sure they are out there.

Are these all diecast or are some plastic? And where did you get the panel? I know of one diecast panel 67 available, but haven't seen any other models or otherwise.

Very nice work though. I love the front opening hood and suicide doors. Have you done anything like the Von Dutch style ones, or removed the center ridge from the hood to make it flatter looking? I'm thinking of using a modified 67-68 hood on my 71 with the ridge removed.

HG
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Most of them are metal. The stepside bed is plastic. I haven't come across any metal steps yet. Yes I know the step should have been done two tone just couldn't figure a good way to do it and it look right.
The panel is a post office one I repainted it. By ertle Check my home page out I put a original picture of it on there.
As far as the hoods no haven't done much work on them in awhile.
I have some of the larger dubs I want to put the Esclade front end on a chevy truck. Some day maybe.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Here is a new addition as of today. Bought it in Rockhill SC yesterday. The flat bed. I have had the truck for awhile. I have two red flatbeds and one green. I also have the same truck in 1/24 scale in yellow.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 03-31-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
72armyswbtruck

Many Andy you sure do have some nice toys there, Kinda go me motivated to start collecting my own
Old 04-05-2006, 05:18 AM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

I've been collecting for some time. I buy everything I can that has to do with these trucks. I have over 15 copier paper boxes full of stuff. That doesn't include all the other stuff. I have no idea how much Hotwheels stuff I have. That's another story.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 04-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
Joe67
67 is sold

Very nice collection

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote