The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

wiring problem @*#%$^@(

First off I swapped the dummy light cluster to a new cluster with gauges with wiring. The problem I’m having right now is when the parking lights are on; both blinker lights on the cluster are on. However they do flash when the lever is moved to right or left. Second the light blue wire that is suppose to supply ground to the front side markers and front parking lights will be ground when the lights are off and have power when the light are on (and when I say it has power I mean there is ether ground or power on both leads at the same time no matter if the lights are on or not). For a temp fix I cut the light blue wire and grounded it on the side that goes to the lights and they work fine. If any one has any suggestions I would appreciated it. Sorry one more question. The engine is a 250 straight 6cyl. On the oil sending unit does any one know what sending unit (exact year and motor size) I could use in this? I checked with the local auto parts but they only show the sending units with the wire plug on it. And my gauge uses the pressure from the engine it self. Sorry if I did not explain that right.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
boundstaffpress
Jamie Hyneman is my twin

Re: wiring problem @*#%$^@(

Did you follow a guide on how to hook up your wires for your new gauge cluster? It is not the same as dummy lights

check my signature for a wiring diagram for your truck. I didn't do a I6 engine compartment, but they aren't that dissimilar.

SOLD 1967 K10 Fleetside, 283, Front and Rear Posi SOLD

Color Wiring Diagrams Now in High Resolution
V8 and Cab and Cab and Chassis
boundstaffpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
Paul M

Re: wiring problem @*#%$^@(

your gauge is a mechanical one,so no sending unit is needed. just a fitting that connects the capillary tube to the back of your gauge.tell parts house mech gauge not electrical. or go to home depot or such and you can find the pipe threaded elbows or straights with the ferules for tubing and make your own up.all american fittings with standard sizes. like 1/8 compression is about it.and block fitting if its not there is 1/8 pipe too...maaaaaybe 1/4.can also go to a speed shop and find the mechanical gauges there and get a hook up kit for the gauge.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote