The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2002, 12:22 AM   #1
67cst
i love summertime

school stabbing today

today my friends little bro got stabbed twice in the stomach at school, he was outside in the parking lot at about 9 am and some dude that goes to the same school did it...i think that they dont have a story etched in stone yet but i heard it was a random act, and the dude that did it is a normal happy kid that just snapped, im sorta in shock cause the guy that got it ive known for a long time..his dad was my hardball coach for years...im sorta glad im done highschool cause that stuff was always in the back of my head when i was there...i dont even know if they caught the kid yet either..i hope they do...im sure he hopes they find him before the rest of the school does..this kid is goin to get a beating forsure...this also sucks cause i have a lot of pride in the school i went too, it has a real bad rep for having guys that like to fight a lot and just generally the roughest school in town...but thats why i like it...im proud to say i went to rutland...but when stuff like his happens im a little more hesitant on saying where im from...sorry guys just frustrated and came here to vent...

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:47 AM   #2
Spoof

Thats disgusting, in a small town and all to boot.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:59 AM   #3
moons_angel
angel in disguise

and that is exactly why i chose to homeschool my son....
moons_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:02 AM   #4
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

DEREK,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would really like to know what this world is turning into?? "THEY" say that we've destroyed ourselves in the far distant past! It looks as though we are heading that way again.

I try to keep up on the weird, strange sometimes not so believable stuff in the world, and there is a PAPER, document actually aledged to have been put out by the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT 30 years ago. It describes exactly what is happening today. Working in conjunction with the new THIRD WORLD ORDER!! And mind control.

Not the place! Just sorry to hear of more turmoil In a civilized society..

RON
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:04 AM   #5
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

MOONS_ANGEL,

I home school my 8 year old also. And this stuff was also a deciding factor.

RON
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:30 AM   #6
Huck

Sometimes stuff like that happens. Good kinds, bad kinds, all can go a little crazy. There is no such thing as a perfect good school. Good parents (and not all of them are perfect) try to install values and pride with their children as we received from our parents. Every society is a little different and everyone in this world is a little different. Just be thankful that the boy stabbed will be OK if in fact he will. the one who stabbed him will be caught and put away. I grew up in NYC where stabbings in and around school were not unusual 40 years ago~~~it's not something unique to our times but just perhaps a little more common for a lot of reasons. Just turn on TV and watch the violence---kinds grow up seeing it and think it's normal and perhaps expected a bit??? Our country and familes would probably be better off with a whole lot less TV/movies/computers and a lot more physical work in the garden, house, barn, farm etc. Idle hands are the devil's workshop they say~~~~. Hang in there as you probably have several hundred other kids that are scared, confused, etc. but that would never ever think of doing a random act of violence like that. We all understand and fell your pain, fear, and confusion. Chat with your parents, your priest or pastor, teachers, etc.
Then----get your butt back to work making your truck the way you want it!!!! warmest regards~~~~~~Huck
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:25 PM   #7
COBALT

I don't know. I honestly think this kind of thing has always happened. We just know more about what's going on because of how the media pounces on things. BUT, I think it's magnified by a serious lack of parenting and social detatchment, which could be contributed to MANY things--not just video games, music, tv and computers. I grew up with those inputs, and somehow my brain is socially well adjusted. Go figure.

I had something similar happen to me in highschool though. Again, small town. It was in the hallway before school, like 7:30 or so in the morning.

There was this punk that was always hanging around being incredibly anoying. Sorta had the "small man" syndrome if you get my meaning, but he was kind of a bully--he and his buddies. Anyway, me and some friends were talking, and this guy is hanging out, and says something smart-a$$ to me about something, so I said something back to get him to shut up. He pulls out this 6" buck knife out of his coat and starts waving it in my face. Everyone else is just standing there slack-jawed. I didn't even think about it (I should have), but I just smacked it out of his hand and beat the crap out of him right there in the hallway. It was early enough in the morning that there weren't any teachers around, so I didn't get in trouble. But I yelled in his face to NEVER stick a weapon in my face again unless he meant to use it on me, and he'd better finish me because I'd kill him....or something like that. I just lost it. Stuff like that just made me so damned angry. I can't stand people who spend their time making victims out of people.

Bad side effects later though. I had to deal with him for the rest of highschool all the way to graduation. This punk's buddies would tail me around town, and I was nervous they'd catch me alone out in the foot-hills while I was driving around or hiking or something. I ended up taking a rifle with me most of the time after that...
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:48 PM   #8
72 Super

Hope he's ok and I hope they caught the guy that did it.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:28 PM   #9
Jmac05
L.E.D. Tail lights, Baby!

Notice how many times this happens at small town schools? What's the gig with that? It seems safer to put your kid in an inner city school...
Not really I Guess.
Maybe small town kids are more nieve (sp?). I was living in Texas when I was rear ended in my honda Civic. I was exchanging info with the dude that hit me when a carload of kids stopped at the light we were at, saw what had happened and pointed and laughed at us. I had just finished, so I chased them down, pulled them over into a gas station, and asked the 26 year old driver what his problem was. He proceded to say I was stupid for chasing them down. We got into an argument untill I finally got out of the car. He was being admonished by his friends and their girlfriends to shut up, but his mouth was bigger than his brain.
"What? What could you do to me?" he asked several times. He thought I was a rube like he and his goof friends. What he didn't know was I went to school with gang members, and played high school ball with a kid that got life for murder. He was in a gang.
I revealed to him the limits of his knowledge, he didn't know me. I could have had a gun myself, lost it after an accident, and did a drive by on him.
"You'd go to jail!"
"What difference does it make to you", I told him, "you'd be pushing up daisies! You'd be dead!"

This was Round Rock Texas. Not the biggest place in the state. Alot of the people my age and below seemed to be unaware of the extents of the world and the people in the world.
Problem with all this are the judges who don't throw the book at anyone. The kid in san diego got the minimum 50 years for killing three and wounding a dozen more. yeah 50 years is a long time, but somebody's little girl and little boys are dead forever. I wrote the judge a pretty harsh letter informing him he was part of the problem.
I also hold the parents partially responsible. It isn't fair to hold them totally responsible, but they are at fault to an extent. People need to realize kids aren't pets. They need attention, but the parent need to be involved. Being a dad puts new perspectives on things...
If interested, visit:
www.earlyclassic.com
or our website:
www.jmcled.com
All 67-72 GM Taillights are on sale untill 5 p.m. on Dec
15th, with Guaranteed Christmas delivery!

joel.mcwaters@jmcled.com
Jmac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 08:05 AM   #10
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

The REAL KICKER is, the police have just found out that the stabbing "victim" 71 Shortstep mentions, actually stabbed himself!! There were no others around to do it, and the kid 'fessed up to what had happened!
Old 10-05-2002, 11:29 AM   #11
mikep
Used to have a truck

The world is full of dumbasses!