The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
Hilandr451

Second Wind....

Well boys, The kitchen's done and it's time for me & Mrs. Highlander to head out to the shop & get things cookin!!

A while back I was nursing a rather painful back injury, my wife took advantage of me in my weakened state and made me agree to finish the kitchen remodel before resumeing the truck project once my back had healed. Now, I don't remember the lawyer dropping by, but that sure does look like my signature next to his on that contract.

Now I know what you're thinking but hang on, don't throw me in the river yet - I walked away from the deal with a little something of my own - she agreed to full cooperation with the project to the end and she even agreed to HELP!! Heck, even if all she does is sit there lookin' pretty while I wrench my butt off - that's good enough for me!!

NEW FLOOR, REFURBISHED CABINETS, NEW COUNTER TOPS, NEW DISHWASHER - KITCHEN'S DONE!!!

..............SHINEY NEW SINK FOR MAMA.........................................................................SHINEY NEW GRILL FOR PAPA - 'OO-RAH!!

"...tell all of them pencil pushers they better get outa my way - gimme back - gimme back my bullets!!"

AAHH! They ain't nothing like the smell of new parts!
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #2
Oldtruckfanatic
Truck junkie

Re: Second Wind....

Nice looking work. I can make anything you want out of steel and fix almost anything but ask me to hang a shelf and it's all over. I never could figure out the construction thing. Kitchen looks great now get that truck going !
Oldtruckfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
Hilandr451

Hey, maybe you can come down in a few weeks when I host "Rust Never Sleeps 2006" at Lagoon Valley Regional Park here in Vacaville. Just a quiet little truck show/ barbeque/ get together thing I've been putting on for the past 5 years or so for some internet buddies with '60-'66 Chevy Trucks, Vans or Suburbans. Then you can see the progress first hand. Anybody's welcome bring yer own what ever, I'm supplying the grill & the mesquite - all I ask is that you all share.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Frizzle Fry

Looks good. I've been laying some hardwood myself. The garage is full of sawdust and scrap wood I'm heading out to start cleaning it right now! Feels good to complete a project doesn't it? Now let's see some more of that truck
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
cptstickfigure

Glad to see you're back, Hilandr. Your updates always give me the kick in the pants I need to get out to the garage on my lazy days.
cptstickfigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
Hilandr451

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptstickfigure
Glad to see you're back, Hilandr. Your updates always give me the kick in the pants I need to get out to the garage on my lazy days.
Well I guess I'm glad I could be of assistance!