The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2002, 03:56 PM   #1
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Getting closer!

Only one week left! Having exhaust istalled tomorrow morning (2.5" pipes with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers). Got the bed bolted down Friday and the headlights and tail lights hooked up yesterday. I still need to get the hood and cowl cover in primer, as well as the top grille bar and hood hinges. THEN I still have to install the new carpet, new seat cover, side windows, and of course the stereo. And hopefully I can get it saftey inspected and licensed by Friday. Man, I better get back to work!

Old 10-06-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

How long she been under the knife? Seems like forever.
At least your able to haul @ss on the reassembly now. Looking cool.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 04:09 PM   #3
Longhorn Man

Re: Getting closer!

Quote:
Originally posted by Slammed67
...hopefully I can get it saftey inspected and licensed by Friday.
saftey inspected??? What the heck is THAT
One of the few things I love about my state...none of the others would let my GMC on the road.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:20 PM   #4
Zkast
Account Suspended

Jay, you think you'll be ready for Truxpo? Still have a few weeks left for that

Dam that thing is low lol
Zkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 06:59 PM   #5
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: Re: Getting closer!

Quote:
Originally posted by longhornmail

saftey inspected??? What the heck is THAT
One of the few things I love about my state...none of the others would let my GMC on the road.
Note to self: Avoid Ohio!

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 07:52 PM   #6
Tim Christian

Thumbs up

Hey slammed, Looking Good!! Man I tell you they are no other grill than a 67 GMC I think that is the best looking frontend GM has ever made!
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:26 AM   #7
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

lomghornmail: The pictures below were taken on April 11, 2000. I could have swore it had been longer than that. Sure seems like it!

Zkast: When is Truxpo and are you going? Do you have to register for it? (also, it looks a lot lower sitting in the grass

Tim: I agree, '67 GMC's are the coolest! My grill is in pretty good shape, although it has a little surface rust and the chrome is flaking off in a couple places. I've got a painted grille i might put on it, but I sure like the chrome one.

I haven't had time to get the side windows in and it's going to be about 50 degrees tomorrow morning on my way to the muffler shop..... Brrrrrrr...... gonna be a long, cold, loud drive! But it'll sound sooooo good coming home

Just thinking back.... a lot has happened since those pics were taken..... the couple in that yellow house separated, the couple in the light green house (to the left of the yellow house) got divorced, and those two trees in my front yard are gone!

Last edited by Slammed67; 10-07-2002 at 12:30 AM.
Slammed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:34 AM   #8
Longhorn Man

Hmmmm, we all know the lady gets the house in a divorce...so that means you have 2 eligable ladies just down the street....are either of them hotties?
Oh yeah, trucks...
From the looks of that bed you had a pretty nice canvas to start with there.
Something about wide steel wheels with baby moons...just gets me goin, ya know what I mean?

Or am I alone on this one?
Old 10-07-2002, 12:43 AM   #9
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I too like the look of steelies and baby moons, but I was due for a change, and had to have some billet wheels.

As for the divorced couples..... the husband lives in the yellow house (She was smart to move out becasue it is a hideous shade of yellow..... it's worse in person!)

Now the light green house is a different story...... "Lori" got the house ......she is 23 years old and has two kids. Her and some friends went out last night and she came down to say hi before they left. I must say, she was looking pretty damn good. They invited me to go with them, but my loser ass stayed home and worked on the truck....... must stay focused!!! After Goodguys, maybe I'll pursue that
Old 10-07-2002, 08:32 AM   #10
Zkast
Account Suspended

Yep truxpo is in a few weeks (18,19,20) You can register at truxpo.com or if your a member of genuinechevy club you can register through them even cheaper.

My truck is NOWHERE near show quality... hell I haven't even started on it lol. Only thing I have to show off is the engine. But the main reason Im going is to visit with other truck owners and take that parade lap around the Speedway when its all over.

Hope to see you there?
Zkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 09:52 AM   #11
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Looking sweet. That's a lot of hard work you done. I want a ride in it when your done!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote