The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
Darin S

another new one.

I just want to show you want we just bought and see what your thoughts are how we did? 1972 fleetside. It has only 82,000 miles on it, it runs and drives great. it does have the normal rust though. it was a 2nd owner that only had it for 6 months. (to much work for him?) the original owner was 93 he still had the original sales sticker and the original work order from the factory.it also has original warranty.also we paid $1,500 for it.Ithought that was a pretty good deal?? I have 3 boys and my 2 oldest 14 and 16 are exited to start restoring it. so I will be asking lots of ? i will try again with the pic? Thanks Darin
Attached Images

Last edited by Darin S; 05-23-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Darin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Re: another new one.

Ya can't link to images on your computer. You can post images if they meet the board requirements. Use the "manage attachments" button to upload files.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Darin S

OK I have another ? I have been going to several body shops to get ideas on what to do? the last one told me I should have the whole thing blasted?? To much $ I think. he said the average guy can not get it smooth enough for paint. It would look to wavy, but then I had others tell me to go over it with 220 on the good stuff and go down to 80 grit on the ruff stuff. what do you think?
Darin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
TugOwar

Hi Darin and welcome to the best GM truck board on the web.

I am NOT a body man by any stretch of the imagination but I do enough to get by for a daily driver, picked it up mostly by watching it being done and a short stint in a body shop when I was in HS.

In other words, its not as hard as it may seem. Try reading up on the Paint & Body Forum.

Also, if you really wnat to get into it, there is a series of DVD's made by a paint and body guy, I can't remember his name at the moment or the name of the DVD series, someone will come along shortly and remember who I'm thinking about. The guy has his own website but I think the DVDs are also available on eBay?

Anyway, good luck with the resto, keep us updates (with pics if possible ) and don't hesitate to ask questions.
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote