The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
gmckenny

Longhorn ID question

I have a 1972 longhorn in pretty fair condition. I am expecting to sell it soon and I wonder about it's value. It has the Highlander package with the plaid seat cover. Were many of these top interior optioned trucks produced in the longhorn model? Does anyone know of another one similarly appointed? How about a location where the chevy archives can be researched?
gmckenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Longhorn ID question

Welcome to the forum gmckenny. We would love to see some pics of your truck.

Since this is your first post here let me make you aware of a forum policy. Because of problems in the past the administration has had to require that anyone posting a "For Sale", "Wanted to Buy" or a "What's it Worth" thread must be a subscribing member.

In your case you seem more concerned with the facts about the truck rather than turning this in to a for sale ad. Please keep it in that realm, and take a look at the rule below.

XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

The Forum staff would like to encourage you to become a subscribing member. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Subscribe Here!

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
gmckenny

I'll post some images soon. Thanks for the tip on the posting rules. I'm rushing out of town for the holiday at the moment and I will need to do some sleuthing before I understand how to post images. I'm just not that computer savy.
gmckenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Welcome to the board! You might check out the Longhorn truck site maintained by a member on here Longhorn Man. As far as rare...well like my son says "It might be rare...but is it desirable?" Longhorns fall into that category. Everyone wants a short fleetside truck...not many guys want a truck that is 6-in. longer! It is an acquired taste...alot like single malt scotch.

The Highlander option is somewhat rare along with the Longhorns in general. I believe there are some production numbers on the Longhorn website. We would all love to see pictures of your truck.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

in 72 there were 3328 C/20 longhorns, and 2450 C/30 longhorns built. There is no way of ever knowing how many had what engine or seat fabric/colors... etc. The didn't keep very good records. You'll be able to find generic figures, like 50% had 350 engines (just pulling that number out of my tail pipe... no clue if it was 50% or not) However, that 50% would be for every truck in the C/10 - C/30 series, and would not be an acurate way to advertise.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote