The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
mark460

Should I part out?

I've been trying to sell a 72 Dana 44 front axle and haven't had any luck. I remember when I worked on this thing, used parts were expensive and hard to find. Do you think it would be better to sell the parts individually, like the disk brake rotors, axles, locking hubs, etc.?

Thanks
Mark
mark460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Should I part out?

Mark,my opinion is sell it hole.One deal,gone.You sell some parts to one guy,the next guy want other parts and some you sold to the other.A smart buyer would want the whole thing to have spares handy.Also,would people really want used parts that you claim are recently replaced compared to new?If I needed a knuckle or two,or a housing I`d be willing to buy the whole unit.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
Americanrider

Expand your market. For 25 bones you can sell for a year here on this board...hint hint! Try to look up any local 4x4 boards. There is also craigslist and Pirate4x4.com. Do up a dozen 5x8 cards and post the in local supermarkets, wrecking yards, and local parts houses (if they will let you) I feel your pain, last count I have about 6 axles laying around here, both 4 front & 2 rears.
Americanrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
mark460

I sold my Blazer and I needed to clean out my shop of extra parts and this axle is about the last thing to go. Your right, I need to advertise it in different places, I just put it on craigslist and I’ll list it in some other places.

Along with the $25 for a year, I think the list owners here should give the option to pay for one ad at a time. Some of us don’t sell stuff very often and it wouldn’t make sense to pay for a whole year. I tried contacting the moderator, but there was no response.
mark460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

The $25 is not just for you to sell a part, is to support the board and keep it going, you been a member here for 4 years, during all this time who do you think has footed the bill to keep this site up? I'm a suscriber and I have yet to sell something here, I think it's time to give something back

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
chevy_fatman is offline   Reply With Quote