The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
hrc200x

Burb buckets in pickup, where to buy stainless brake lines and steering box

I'm wanting to switch my '83 pickup to the light grey interior from a burb, the hardest part might be the seats, going from a bench to burb buckets. It appears that one of the bolt holes from the burb seat lines up with a hole in the floor in the cab, it'd be the front left one if your sitting in the seat, the front right one appears like a bracket would need to be removed from the floor of the burb and welded in the pickup cab. The two rear of the burb bend downward, where the pickup bend up upward. Could the brackets from the bench seat be removed via the mounting bolts and be mounted to the burb seats without too much trouble? Or would just heating up the burb brackets and bending them to fit be the way to go?

Seems like steering boxes on these old pickups are common to have about a 1/4 turn of steering wheel play. Where have you guys bought new boxes? How much were they?

Also I have a 6 inch suspension lift, I'm having a hard time locating extended stainless steel braided lines. Have found them for 4 inch, but not sure they'd be long enough for 6 inch lift. Where to find the cheapest ones available?

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: Burb buckets in pickup, where to buy stainless brake lines and steering box

get the other floor tabs from the sub and bend the brackets on the seats. That should take care of that.

AGR makes new P/S boxes, but some of what you are feeling may be in the linkage, especially with 6" of lift. Between teh change in steering linkage angles and a lot more sidewall in the tires, you will feel a difference. Anyhow, I know Summit sells the AGR stuff. I would try them for the lines, too. Or try www.fourwheelparts.com. They may even have a store near you.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
beaterC10

Re: Burb buckets in pickup, where to buy stainless brake lines and steering box

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc200x
I'm wanting to switch my '83 pickup to the light grey interior from a burb, the hardest part might be the seats, going from a bench to burb buckets. It appears that one of the bolt holes from the burb seat lines up with a hole in the floor in the cab, it'd be the front left one if your sitting in the seat, the front right one appears like a bracket would need to be removed from the floor of the burb and welded in the pickup cab. The two rear of the burb bend downward, where the pickup bend up upward. Could the brackets from the bench seat be removed via the mounting bolts and be mounted to the burb seats without too much trouble? Or would just heating up the burb brackets and bending them to fit be the way to go?

Thanks.
Yes, the bench seat slides can be attached to the Burb buckets. You might have to modify the bench seat slides, but it is essentially a remove and replace operation.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote