The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
Jason915

Blazers with 4 Wheel pop up campers

I have a 4 Wheel pop up camper for a Blazer just was wondering if anyone has one on their Blazer/Jimmy or have any pictures of them.

1970 K5 TBI conversion lifted etc SOLD
1968 C20 camper truck SOLD

“To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless.” Jeff Snyder
Jason915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
vtblazer

Re: Blazers with 4 Wheel pop up campers

Cool, is it for a 69-72?

Gotta give up some pics ya know.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

Like this one?

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
chevy_fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

I was about to make a post on these last night. I saw the one on ebay now ^ as posted. I thought i had another pic of one saved, but i couldnt find it so i scratched the post idea.
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
DEFIANT NCC-74205

Whoa!! That's like, cool!! huh huh Perfect for when you're in the doghouse.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Dude that's kinda cool, we need more pic's
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

Here's a few pics of them I've gotten off the net.
Attached Images

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:54 AM   #8
671blazer

2000 Buick Lesabre on 20's
671blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:50 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I love these things.I saw them all over the west.They are rare back east.I want one for my`72 K2500,bad.I had one for awhile,but had to sell it.Back to wanting.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:52 AM   #10
Jason915

Yeah those are cool. My 4wheel pop up actually was on a Bronco but they are exactlly the same as the Blazer model. I have boxed mine in so it would fit a shortbed stepside but it would be real easy to go back to the way it was. Good looking pictures. The only thing that would suck is you would have to cut a top up to make a half cab.

“To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless.” Jeff Snyder
Old 05-31-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

OK i was out taking a walk last night and found a later model blazer with pretty much the same pop up top.

What i find interesting about the 1st gen. blazer campers is it looks like some of them have a half cab inbetween.
Medicanman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:27 PM   #12
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

Here's a better shot so you can see part of the top atleast...

Chuck
Attached Images

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #13
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Talking Re: Blazers with 4 Wheel pop up campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
I love these things.I saw them all over the west.They are rare back east.I want one for my`72 K2500,bad.I had one for awhile,but had to sell it.Back to wanting.
I've got one on my 72 blazer. I don't have any pictures of it right now, but I'll take some when I get home tonight. I'm actually looking to get rid of it, because I'd rather just have a soft top. It's very cool, & when I first saw it, I was like "That is the baddest thing I've ever seen!!!" First chance I had to go get it, I jumped on it. Drove 4 hours, spent 3 hours swapping tops with who I got it from, (he didn't help much), got it home, 4 hours later, & my wife was like, why did you do that?? Well that was about 6 years ago, & the blazer has not been driven for the last 5 years or so.

I need to do some work to the blazer to get it running again, but it's just snowballing out of control.

Need a new steering box, might as well do the cross-over at the same time, well, then might as well get the D60 front, well, then might as well get the 14BFF, need new wheels now, might as well get bigger tires, well that means a lift, well then might as well get the 63" rear springs & the 52" fronts. All of a sudden I have the thing completely apart in the driveway, because I needed a new steering box. Holy crap.

Now mind you, I haven't done any of this yet because I can't afford the stock replacement steering box, much less any of the rest, but that's a little insight into my sickness.

If anybody wants pictures of the camper top edited by moderator
XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

The Forum staff would like to encourage you to become a subscribing member. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Subscribe Here!

*Value wanted posts are only allowed by subscribe types now. To many were using this as a loophole and blatently selling items within these posts.
Later,

Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's

Last edited by krue; 06-01-2006 at 03:21 PM.
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #14
Jason915

XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

The Forum staff would like to encourage you to become a subscribing member. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Subscribe Here!

*Value wanted posts are only allowed by subscribe types now. To many were using this as a loophole and blatently selling items within these posts.

Last edited by krue; 06-01-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #15
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason915
I like the idea of an off road motorhome that is way cool. I would need the halfcab to make mine work

Buddy

Last edited by krue; 06-01-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #16
garedclay

A great site for 76-77 Chalet (2nd gen) campers is http://www.blazerchalet.com/

Also see my page on the subject for more photos
http://www.clayharrison.com/truck/hi...ercampers.html
garedclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
krue
Designated A-hole!

I'll say it again, please don't buy and sell on this board, that's what the parts board is for. Please post pics of your camper, I think they're a cool idea, depending on how much trouble it would be to install/remove them.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #18
Jason915

Well actually it's not real easy to take off and put back on the 4wheel pop because the sides are not very ridged they wobble a lot once the camper is lifted off of the Blazer because it bolts to the top of the bed rails for support. Also it is very hard to store the camper for this reason. If someone decided to put one of these on it’s kind of designed to stay on. I read in an add somewhere that 4wheel pop up campers only add like 200 extra pounds dry to a K5. The one that I have I modified it and boxed in the bottom with plywood to fit my Stepside bed and it looked great I will post a pic when I find it tonight. The problem now is that it won’t easily fit anything else without re-designing it so I was toying with the idea of making it fit my K5.

Nobody is selling or buying on this thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #19
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Thumbs up Re: Blazers with 4 Wheel pop up campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
I'll say it again, please don't buy and sell on this board, that's what the parts board is for. Please post pics of your camper, I think they're a cool idea, depending on how much trouble it would be to install/remove them.
Maybe I should've said to PM me for buying interest and/or pics. I would like to sell it, but I'd rather not step on any toes. Maybe I'll post up in the for-sale section & see what I can see.

LAter,
Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

That`s not really better,Bud.They just don`t want the board used to sell w/o subscribing.I`m mailing mine off,finally.There`s been a glitch with my card and I keep procrastinating.I get pms from people wanting stuff and I`ve even had a guy on here pm to try and sell when he just signed on.It`s going to happen,call it a loop-hole.But,we all know what the rules are intended for.Just play along.
Why not post pictures here?That`s what the threads about.In your text you could have prolly slipped-in a "unfortunately,it may have to go" or "I don`t really use it.I`m thinking of going back to the factory top".This may have spurred interest without really "trying" to sell it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason915
Nobody is selling or buying on this thread
You have a pm.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #22
1976K5CHALET

My friend and i started blazerchalet years ago. Actually he did all the work and i just injected pics and some brochures he didn't have and my mechanical knowledge. I just started a yahoo forum for the chalets...but being the non-web site running type the url escapes me currently.

I know a guy in town with a sweet well kept 72 Jimmy with a 4-wheel pop top. I'll try and get a hold of him the next time i'm home and take some pics.

Special K is right they seem to be a western item as i see them all the time. Every once in a while to and from the patch in parachute i see a clean blue older scout with one and a brown early 80's bronco on the freeway. Also i see all kinds of modern pop tops because colorado is an outdoorsmans paradise and they are all over the place where ever you go.

Special K...what are you looking for...a 4-wheel for a pick-up? There are alot of them just sitting on apparantly non running trucks in the rural areas in town. If i knew a bit more about what model you are after and some specifics i am sure i can track one down for you if condition isn't a big issue. My friend here in town was selling his 83-4 jimmy with a 4 wheel on it on ebay. When he got his and we installed it it needed some work and unlike the fiberglass chalet it was alot easier to repair. We also found out 4 wheel is still around and allthough they no longer make models for the blazers-scouts-jeeps-broncos they can still make you parts if you need them.

Find my new chalet forum on yahoo or email me at k5nutt@hotmail.com and i'll see what i can do for you. You can also run this addy if you use mmsn messenger which i leave on all the time while i am in the patch as a means of commo with my wife as we have no cell service in the canyon.

DW

DW
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #23
Jason915

Yeah I like those Chalets those were cool. They put the GM tail lights on them. I see a few around town from time to time