The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
GenIIIShorty
JUNK COLLECTOR!!!!!

What did you get done this weekend?

I went from this:

To this:

GenIIIShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: What did you get done this weekend?

Friday, Replaced driver side caliper with 73 and up style and the hose. Got the spring moved back into the correct position, it slipped out and was rubbing on the k member.

Saturday did pretty much the same on the passenger side except kept the same caliper, it was already the newer style. The reason I switched is I figured the newer parts would be available longer. Then the wife and I went to a farm auction. This old guy was a compulsive shopper, I'm not kidding. I heard someone say he probably never went to town without bringing something back with him. I got a pretty cool Napa Brakes parts cabinet, a 45 piece large size tap and die set (goes up to 1" size), an AC welder and a 10 ton press. I could have got a lot more, but on the small tools they kept bunching up the things I wanted with stuff I already have, which is just as well or I would have spent too much anyway. So I spent the rest of the day cleaning that cabinet.

Sunday I painted the engine compartment, nothing fancy, just black rustoleum to freshen it up and sprayed the new power brake booster and M/C also. Put a new power cord on the welder and cleaned it up also. Then went swimming with the kids, then took them to the dirt track race up in Redwood Falls to finish the day.

This was one of the best fathers day weekends ever.

HG
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
truckdude239

got the new points in my truck with the new coil adjusted the dweel to 29-31 dregees and the timeing to 2 dergees btdc got it running great

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
meathead95
computer illiterate

i drove 800 miles round trip to pick up this trans am on friday . then saturday we got home and cleaned out the tank and changed the plugs,oil, and air cleaner. shot some oil in the cylinders. hopefully it will crank today, it has a balanced and blueprinted 1972 pontiac 350 in it (she's very healthy) then on sunday me and my little helper put the 4/6 ece drop on my 2wd blazer that has been sitting in the garage for a year lol......thanks to a little your lazy motivation from a fellow board member in mississippi (you know who you are lol......) heres a few pics i hope to get the doors changed on the blazer this week and if i cannot find a real nice 68 front end for it ill throw on some nos 72 fenders that i have.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
penguinwise

Wow, you guys are busy All I got done was some engine (top and bottom end) degreesing, and an oil change. Got a better survey on some of the rust spots so I can start making my shopping list of patch/replacement panels.
penguinwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
garold99

I've needed to change my front brakes for about a month, and the truck is still sitting in my drive way waiting for me. My solution to needing a brake change. Just dont drive it as much. Man I'm lazy. My bro in law even offered to change them because he's off work with injured foot and is sitting around the house bored. I couldnt even do that, because I dont trust anyone to change my brakes but me. Now thats really lazy. I need a good kick in the pants. Top it off, we're moving in 2 weeks and I'm thinking about waiting to do the brakes till we get moved and I have a 2 car garage so I can do it in the shade. Been hot around here.
garold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Saturday I got the correct wheel cylinders (dumb parts store!) and finished installing the brakes and lines on the 68. Then I replaced the axle bearings and seals. Although the bolt that holds the cross pin in the differential broke off, I was able to get it out and keep going. Went and stole my Dad's 72 and finished it for him (install bed, rear bumper, stainless bed caps, and tune it up). Started installing the new e-brake cables on the 68 when Powell72 and Dirtball showed up. We did some swapping of parts-n-stuff, then spent some time just BS'ing.

After they left, I got the e-brake cables finished. I started to install the Blazer tank again (started once before but took it out to get to the differential), then started pondering a FuelCellGuy tank. I might go that route, haven't decided yet. I have one stock that is doing good, might have to let some go and buy one!

Sunday my wife and I went on a 200 mile motorcycle ride. That was awesome! Afterwords, I got wrangled into fighting a grass fire with my father-in-laws fire department as they were very shorthanded. Then a friend of my wifes came over and I replaced the trailer brake controler in her Dodge and fixed some really jacked up wiring that someone else did on her horse trailer.

She left, and I promptly fell asleep.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 06-19-2006 at 02:50 PM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
cowboy33713

Put a proper B&M shift kit in the 67's TH400 ( to replace the "no cost" shift kit that a PO "installed" by simply removing a couple of check balls), replaced the beat-up pan with a Mr Gasket item with a drain plug, while inside the case, replaced the kick down solenoid, new filter of course, and after that was closed up, installed one of those Lokar TH400 kickdown switch setups, with one of their cable and throttle springbrackets. Neat stuff. Truck loved the difference that all made in improved drivability. Has "passing gear" capability for the first time since that tool PO put the TH400 in it ( recognize the high hump with it's factory provided hole for a four speed floor shifter easily when working underneath ). Drives out much nicer now.
Next will be replacement power steering stuff, and will need U joints and center support, and need to get after that swaybar stuff I need (bushings, one bracket) to get that underway...
cowboy
cowboy33713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
dion
72 Cheyenne

I took off the back step bumper, spare tire hanger and exaust pipe hanger from the rear, stuck rusty bolts o' plenty. Took the front grille off, drilled out the rivets and cleaned up the grille side attatchments for the grille on the way. Cleaned up and painted a license plate housing Smitty dropped off and finally took out the bench seat to drop off at a friends and have the cover I bought put on.
Attached Images

1966/67Stouts
dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
Southedisto
River life......

Absolutely nothing!!!! Glad to see some of you guys made progress.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #11
55chevy
Car Truck Bike Nut

I did some logo hand painting Saturday, was lazy Sunday, Nascar/drankin
Attached Images

94 3500 TD dually
so many cars so little time
72 K2 CST 2WD Blazer
55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #12
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Watched my facial hair grow. Healing after an injury so I can't play in the dirty stuff yet.

Played with the kids most of yesterday since it was Daddy's day.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #13
rauto13
saving one more

Well, I had all last week off, so I pulled two beds and took them to shop, pulled front clip off 67, finished taking the stuff from the 72 parts truck and listing for sale & some to salvage yard, brought home a block & crank, two engine stands, two complete front clips, also installed power steering in Camaro, finished putting power brakes on the Camaro, put most of the front sheetmetal on the Camaro, started reinstalling factory air, and moved my 72 to a mechanic shop to start changing everything over to 67.

I also cleaned the garage some, then filled it back up with more stuff.
driver - 96 GMC X-cab

Last edited by rauto13; 06-19-2006 at 08:34 PM.
rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

Well I got a great fathers day gift, I got my shop back! We got a new modular home and in the transition we had to put everything we own in my shop so no work on the Jimmy for a month and a half! You can almost see the truck in the pic taken Saturday, and the other was taken today.
Wife, daughter got a good bit done, and my son even showed up for awhile to move most the stuff into the new place. Still a lot of crap to haul in yet but I can get a vehicle in here or roll out the Jimmy to work on it now!

Looks like everyone got stuff accomplished!---DAC
Attached Images

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #15
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Took the passenger side door off to get access to the bottom of the door pillar, fitted my new exhausts (2 1/2" pipes from the existing mufflers running out just in front of the rear wheels with 3" stainless tips just tucked under the edge of the bed), it sounds so much better, the old 2" pipes must have been strangling the mufflers really badly (they have 2 1/2" outlets) sounds deeper and louder, which is good!

Also started cleaning up the fender that is off, some rust to sort out on the bottom front, nothing too drastic. Its loaded up with bondo though and is a later fender as it has had the side marker light opening filled with Bondo and a plate bodged on the inside. I'll also renew the anti-rust wax on the inside before it goes back on to protect all the little rust traps.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #16
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Got my rear step fenders, and the "steps" stripped (front and back) and coated with rust encapsulator.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #17
wibilly

i spent the weekend cleaning and rearanging the shop to try and fit the truck in only 2 stalls so the vette don't have to sit out side any more but got a 400 core to build and filled the clean stall with it for now
Old 06-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #18
edmonton72
Nothings as cool as my 72

Not too much. Welded up my exhaust pipes and did some work on the cab. Does everyone else have a hard time getting the cab corners to line up properly because mine was such a pain to do.
Rolling chassis finally done and cab mounted. Now onto sanding, bondo and more sanding.
edmonton72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:14 AM   #19
68 short step

got the firebird back from being painted (pearl white).tomorrow ill clean the engine bay. and here in the near future ill finally get to install my c5 vette brakes, and tubular control arms.

68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:17 AM   #20
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Detailed my firewall. Over spray on the heater box was bugging me so I pulled it, stripped it and cleared it. Notice all the polished stainless hardware. That helps justify all the time I wasted and the little amount of work I got done.

Put a new gold booster & brackets to replace the rebuilt booster & brackets that I took off and offered on the parts board (shameless plug).

Just got a posi...so paint and new brakes/seals next.
Attached Images

Last edited by PICKMUP; 06-21-2006 at 12:22 AM.
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #21
GenIIIShorty
JUNK COLLECTOR!!!!!

Hmmm, everyone is purtying up, and I am making a HUGE mess!
GenIIIShorty is offline   Reply With Quote