The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2002, 05:12 PM   #1
Bo
We Sell Truck Parts

BB EGR Block off?

Does anyone know where I can get an EGR block off plate for a Big Block manifold?
Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 08:30 PM   #2
Xzavior240

not sure how good this will work on a BB, but on my small block I frabricated an egr plate myself. If you have a cutting torch and grinder its simple. pull your EGR off lay the gasket on a piece of metal thick enough it doesnt bend. I used 1/4 inch. but not sure you need that thick. I was just using scrap so thats all I had. anyway take your gasket off the egr lay it on the metal. Draw around it so you can see it. then cut slightly outside the line. after you cut it just grind it down to your marks. drill the holes out that held the EGR in place. Use silicon sparingly when putting it on so it doesnt suck into the intake. I use Indian Head sealer myself its safer then silicone. anywayafter you have the holes drilled if you want you can grind it down and paint it so it looks halfways descent. then just use your old gasket or get a new one. theyre not that expensive. then bolt the plate on where the EGR was at. it doesnt look factory or even as good as a chrome one, but it serves the purpose. which I feel is the most important part anyway. just make sure you seal it with something i.e. silicone, Indian Head, or what ever you choose. its an extremely cheap way to do it, and you get what your wanting out of it. This is just a suggestion I'm sure they sell plates for it somewhere check Edelbrock I think they sell them.
Xzavior240 is offline   Reply With Quote