The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Picture Related Threads?

I`m curious how it is determined which picture related threads belong in "Pictures" and which are ok to stay here.There are alot of them on here now and everytime I come up with one it seams to be banished to the seldom viewed "Pictures" area.I`d just like to know what to consider,so I can put my post where I want it.I figured if it involved trucks of the 67-72 era "and" involved the participation of others it would be good for this section.Also,a thread that exposes something to learn/inform would be appropriate.On the other hand,to just simply want to display a vehicle for others to view would belong in "Pictures" because that`s all it`s about.I figure a good answer should help all of us.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
john
member #16

Re: Picture Related Threads?

ttt

good question.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
BOSS
Just here to help

It is not easy to decide what goes where as there are no specific rules for the placement,we try to keep them here if they help with questions and show how to do certain things.If they are just pics to show someone a truck then it will be moved to pics or misfit.With so many post per day you can imagine that it is not easy to keep up with and if you see one that you would think needs to be moved you could allways report the post,it is easy for us to miss them but we try our best.Only other thing i can add is this is all IMO so i will let Josh answer because it his board after all.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

For myself, I just figured that if it was a "progress" thread, post-as-you-build kind of thread, or a "I built this or fixed that" kinda stuff that it would be OK to post here. Otherwise, if I just wanted to show my truck or someone elses's truck or ask to see pictures for reference or inspiration, then I would go to the pic thread.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

There's a picture board ???????????????
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

That`s just funny,Frank.Thanks Boss,I hope you know I`m not complaining,just thought it was a question to help all.I will say to all(& Frank )Check over there from time to time,you won`t get a virus or anything .I like seeing these trucks in all their forms and in different settings and think people that don`t slip over there are missing out(please look at my pictures )

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

I have looked at the pictures section quite a few times, and tried posting in it for help getting some pics...it just doesn't move.

The problem sometimes is having too many sections - but you also want it to be split out. I guess if folks would just use the forum correctly instead of using one place as a "catch-all" that would be ideal.

But hey, either way, this place is great. Nowhere else can you dicuss the trucks you love in such depth.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
biglou55

I know first hand that the administrators are only trying to do thier job. I had one moved a couple of weeks ago without any clear explaination IMHO. but i got mad and wouldnt let it go. They did thier job and banned me for a week which i deserved. (irish - scottish ) temper. I am still not clear what goes where.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

biglou as I told you in two posts then, just PM and ask.. noone is going to beat you down for asking a question. There are discriptions under each section that tell you what goes there. Thats the best we can do to help on the main menu side, but will walk you through with detail if you PM and ask for help where you need it.

Specialk your a pain in my nevermind I wanted Josh to answer this question as well, but he been busy so here I go.

pictures: place to post pictures post your ride: we lost our blogging area for a while, so it was used to replace that. Quite a few members started using it for buildup area, since it was not burried then, so builds started getting moved there. The users still discuss their builds on the main forum areas, so I believe they are left in the truck specific areas (if posted there) until they fall off the first page and then moved to pics.

posts like HEY MAN I GOT PICS FOR YOU THAT YOU WANTED( tactic used in selling alot by some) go in pics. You can PM someone and tell them the same thing with a link

I just woke up ( yes Im bein a lazy twit today) so I missed a bunch. Keep asking away here and we will answer what we can for you.

one last thing, people say they cant find their posts when they are moved. Usually there is a redirect so you click it n it takes you. IF NOT then do this.. go to the main index at http://myoldtruck.com/vboard, scroll down to "whos online" (if your on the site you must be online) find your name, click it. This takes you directly to your profile. On your profile there is a link to view all posts by user and a link to view all threads started by user. Either way you can find the post you lost.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #10
Mudder

Oh Liz...........hun.... If he clicks that link you gave I don't think he will be finding anything here here. He will end up at a pretty cool site tho.....

The way I look at the pics thing here is: If it's just a look at my truck or stuff thread then it goes to the pics forum. If it's informational or techie in nature like can I see your pullys or gas tank pics it can go here.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

lmao.. I need to wake up can we tell I have been workin there alot this week

the right link would be

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard

sorry
Old 07-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #12
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
lmao.. I need to wake up can we tell I have been workin there alot this week

the right link would be

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard

sorry
All of us that spend time on the MOT board can swear to the work and all out effort that is going on over there as well as CGITC. You don't just snap your fingers and everything fall in place. I for one appreciate all the hours of work that go into making our sites run smooth. Thank you.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
subtle71
Granddad's Ol' Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
I`m curious how it is determined which picture related threads belong in "Pictures" and which are ok to stay here.There are alot of them on here now and everytime I come up with one it seams to be banished to the seldom viewed "Pictures" area.I`d just like to know what to consider,so I can put my post where I want it.I figured if it involved trucks of the 67-72 era "and" involved the participation of others it would be good for this section.Also,a thread that exposes something to learn/inform would be appropriate.On the other hand,to just simply want to display a vehicle for others to view would belong in "Pictures" because that`s all it`s about.I figure a good answer should help all of us.

I have noticed that once a thread gets moved to another area, it does not get the exposure that it does here. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut since I do not contribute any valuable information to this board.

2005 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD crew cab 2wd

[I]1971 Chevrolet Custom 10 Deluxe lwb fleet-side
subtle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle71
I guess I'll keep my mouth shut since I do not contribute any valuable information to this board.
what in the world?? Everyone who is a part of this community contributes in one way or another. We may not all agree at times, but thats normal.

One definition I found for community is this.
A community is a group of people who form relationships over time by interacting regularly around shared experiences, which are of interest to all of them for varying individual reasons.

What one person sees as important, another may not.. but we are all brought together by a common interest and just being here contributes to that.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #15
cstanley

awww...crap. what's MOT (my old truck, got it.) and CGITC? never been there, don't know about them.
this board takes enough time away from my projects, and now there are a few more??!!

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote