The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
airborne3502

free truck

actually it is a basket case. it is in pieces in my garage. it was a 1972 sierra grande SWB. i have a title for it. i'd like to give it away to somebody who likes to restore these classic trucks. there isn't an engine or trans, but i've sanded the frame down, and it has some usable parts. the cab is on it, but it is rusted and needs mondo work.

the bench seat you ask? it isn't in much better shape than the cab...

no bumpers...no grille...no front fenders or fender wells

the bedsides are gone, as is the tailgate, but the steel bed has been sanded down and primered by me. it's dented up, but i know these aren't available as reproductions. a good body shop and a coat of line-x could make it work for you.

i've got some ac parts and an uncut dash that is slightly bent thanks to the us postal service. i've also got some brackets and if i remember correctly an AC compressor. these items alone might make it worthwhile...

long story short, i'd like to give it away this weekend in roswell GA on the 14th. it is sitting on four rally wheels and can be towed.

i'll check the board this week to see if there are any interested parties. i don't have the time or desire to part it out.

thanks josh for re-activating my account so that i could post this.
airborne3502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
blazerboy72

Re: free truck

do you have any pics you could send me? I could probably come get it this weekend.

Last edited by blazerboy72; 07-12-2006 at 08:33 PM.
blazerboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #3
Tropical Snowstorm
Lurky lurky

Second in line. I can be there Sunday.
Tropical Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
blazerboy72

I have a trailer lined up, I can pick it up any time saturday.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

poo... that is exactly what I will need, right after I get a garage.. lol .. to get mine up to speed.

I love seing hookups like this.. hope there will be one for me (closer than Ga!) when I'm ready.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
airborne3502

blazerboy,

i'll shoot you a PM, so keep an eye out.

pan,

best of luck finding something in your area code.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
krue
Designated A-hole!

You can't beat that deal! I tried to talk my brother into it, but he was tied up this weekend. Another reason to love this place.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
EyeH8the24

put me in line if no one else comes....will be able to pick it up saturday ....have the roll back waiting full of fuel and ready to go ....
EyeH8the24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
blazerboy72

PMed you back
Old 07-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #10
Down south truckin

put me in line i'm in gwinnett and could get it this weekend Mike
Down south truckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #11
blazerboy72

airborne could you give some directions? Its hard to pick up a truck that I dont know where it is. LOL
Old 07-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
blazerboy72

I knew this sounded to good to be true. Turns out the saying was right. Airborne decided to forget about all of us wanting the truck and give it to someone else, after I told hime I had rented a trailer and would be there first thing this morning. I ended up losing $100 on a free truck. I know there are many good people on this board but the bad ones like you make it very disappointing. If this post is against board rules please delete it. Im just a little pissed right now.

Last edited by blazerboy72; 07-15-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #13
BOSS
Just here to help

Sorry to hear that,A man should keep his word.

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerboy72
I knew this sounded to good to be true. Turns out the saying was right. Airborne decided to forget about all of us wanting the truck and give it to someone else, after I told hime I had rented a trailer and would be there first thing this morning. I ended up losing $100 on a free truck. I know there are many good people on this board but the bad ones like you make it very disappointing. If this post is against board rules please delete it. Im just a little pissed right now.
I am very sorry this happened. Airborne asked me if he could post this for free so I said to go for it. I don't know his side, so I don't want to say alot.. BUT if this is what happened ( no reason at all to doubt you ) I am truely hurt that someone would pull this kind of crap. $100 is nothing to sneeze at no matter who you are.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
airborne3502

Okay....

First of all, thanks again Liz for letting me post this truck. Somebody is going to get a great project with some cool goodies....

Here are the facts:

Last weekend I was relocating from GA to CA and moving my stuff. Time was, and still is a factor.....hence the truck being free.

I sent Blazerboy a PM with my cell number on Thursday the 13th because I wasn't going to have computer access during the move. When I hadn’t heard from him by Friday evening, I called my dad and asked him to check the board for other interested parties. He said BB had made other posts and sent personal messages to me regarding the truck, so I asked my dad to send BB a PM with my cell number again. That way, arrangements could be made for BB to pick up the truck on Saturday.

BB called me twice at around 3 and 4 am on Saturday morning.

My cell phone was off. I didn’t get his messages until later.

His mother called me again at 8:45 as I was sitting down to breakfast. I told her that I was out of time as far as dealing with the truck goes, and that I had turned the matter over to a property management company. (That was where the misunderstanding was.) I didn’t have the PMC number on me at the time, but explained to her that if BB called me back, I’d give him the number.

I didn't give the truck away to anybody.....

I regret that BB rented a truck before speaking to me personally and working out the details.

The bottom line is this: the truck is still there, it is still free, and BB is still first in line. If he doesn’t want it anymore, that's fine.

The PMC is expecting a call from someone that can come and get the truck out of my garage by the 20th of July. If BB still wants it, it’s his. If not, I’ll just go down the list to the next person in line.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #16
roughedup72

Hey if B.B. dont want it and nobody else does either I would like it. Does it have doors?
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #17
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

I went and picked it up tonight.....as described and LOTS of newer parts that came with it!!!!!! Tilt wheel, AC system, new in box rear chunk and 411 ring and pinion in box, corvette ralleys with good tires, one great driver grille, one good fender, good bed floor, driver quality hood and there are boxes I have not looked in yet. Good rolling chassis with what looked to be a fairly complete new brake job and new front suspension components. Well worth the 8 mile drive!!!!

I did a little more looking around today....it is a factory tilt wheel that is in the truck. The truck was a fully loaded big block short bed. I bet it was a nice truck when it was new!!!!

Last edited by 72freak; 07-26-2006 at 01:49 PM.
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #18
airborne3502

72freak,

thanks for taking the truck off my hands. i have no doubt that it has found a good home, with other 72s to talk to.

it was a nice truck back in the day.......

with the exception of being ochre.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:12 AM   #19
blazerboy72

72Freak im glad you had better luck with airborne than I did, but I will leave that alone. I dont want to be kicked off the board.