The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
ucmydust68
fuel

has anyone used or heard of these??

www.airridepro.com they have a "shockwave type" shock, and i was thinking of putting them at all four corners of my 67 but before i go to the trouble of fabbing mounts i wanted to hear some comments on them. thanks
t56
air ride
18/20's
ucmydust68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
PBFAB.COM

Re: has anyone used or heard of these??

I would recommend to stay away from their products. Airridepro is just another name for Chassis Tech, aka Aim Industries... low quality, no support/customer service.
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
kyle4381

That is an AIM industries product. They make cheap components under a variety of names.....They are located here in AZ.. Low prices and low quality products.. You get what you pay for...
kyle4381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Thats one company I don't think I have ever heard a good thing about. Usually you hear someboby po'd at a company but ever time i see a query about AIM 3 -4 responses say stay away, none say their even mildly ok.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
ucmydust68
fuel

what about their quality is poor, i just cant bring my self to but a shock wave for 799$ i find that just rediculous thats 3200 just for shocks. i dont mind fabricating i do it for a living. does anyone know where to buy shockwaves for cheaper??
t56
air ride
18/20's
Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

If it's an AIM industry product stay away from them. They sell knock off quality crap at cheap prices, then they rape you on shipping. Quite often they send the wrong part and you end up getting screwed on shipping both ways. They WILL NOT refund your money no matter if they screwed your order.

If you don't want to pay a premium for ART's stuff, that's understandable. What ever you do please don't let AIM take your hard earned money.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #7
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucmydust68
what about their quality is poor, i just cant bring my self to but a shock wave for 799$ i find that just rediculous thats 3200 just for shocks. i dont mind fabricating i do it for a living. does anyone know where to buy shockwaves for cheaper??

Shockwaves are actually $849 a PAIR. I am a dealer for Air Ride Technologies and am a huge fan of the Shockwave. I offer discounts for board members on all air suspension components I carry. PM me if you are interested.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
XXL
Seņor Member

AIM is listed under at least 20 different ID's with the AZ BBB. Here's a cut and paste from just one of them...

from here

Quote:
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau; however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #9
ucmydust68
fuel

thank you for the offer porterbuilt i will definetely be in touch, i was wondering have you ever used shockwaves on the front of one of these trucks?? i really like the idea of the shockwaves and want to use them but i see that no one has tried to use them on our trucks. like i said fabrication isnt a problem with me, let me know your ideas if you wouldnt mind. thanks
chris
t56
air ride
18/20's
Old 08-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
PBFAB.COM

The front crossmember on these trucks isn't the most amiable to the Shockwave... with determination and some fab skills I am sure it can be done... just not sure if the frustration/time would make it worth it. The length of the shockwave and the distance between lower control arm and where the upper Shockwave mount "would need to be" located is where the "problem" starts. A lot of the crossmember would need to be cut away and then the upper control arm mount would need to be reinforced. I haven't seen it done... I am pretty sure it's for a reason. Most reasons are due to "time=money", so if you have all the time in the world I am sure a way could be figured out, but $850's a lot to spend if it turns out it won't work.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #11
ucmydust68
fuel

ok, so how would just a really nice adjustable shock with a typical bag on the font and shockwaves on the rear, i really would like to have adjustability to make it handle really well (for a truck). i have adjustable shocks and such on my fbody and new gto and would like the truck to feel the same. i went out and did some looking and though the same the shock wave is really tall to put in there with out super fabrication that wouldnt be worht it. so with bags, adj. shocks and good bushings and big sway bars how will this thing handle??
t56
air ride
18/20's
Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #12
Hart_Rod

Seems like the easiest/cheapest way to have the Shockwaves, would be to go with a Mustang II crossmember.

http://www.fatmanfab.com/06page7.htm
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #13
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
ok, so how would just a really nice adjustable shock with a typical bag on the font and shockwaves on the rear
There's no value in adjustable shocks if you're going with bags. You just need a _good_ shock.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:58 PM   #14
PBFAB.COM

I would recommend going with a bag and a quality shock. I think a quality set of adjustable shocks would tie the front and rear (Shockwaves in rear) set-up together nicely. It's cool to know you have an adjustable shock, although truth is, you probably won't find yourself playing with the adjustments very often (if ever ). If you're one of those who likes everything to match and tie together (I am) an adjustable shock will probably find itself onto the front end of your truck.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #15
ucmydust68
fuel

ok so is there an adjustable shock out there that has the right length to work with bags???
t56
air ride
18/20's
Old 08-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #16
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
ok so is there an adjustable shock out there that has the right length to work with bags???
Sure, but as I said before (and PB reiterated)... you don't need adjustability. Go for a well-valved shock. My truck uses plain-jane Monroe 33033's ($20-ish each) and they work like a champ.

However, if you want to spend $$, take a look at the Rancho RS9000X series. It has adjustable damping and rebound and is available in lots of dimensions. You'll need a compressed and extended length for your suspension. I believe LS47 mount top and bottom will work. They're $75-ish each.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #17
PBFAB.COM

Look into the QA1 shocks... they are a quality piece and they should be able to help you select the right length. I think their site is www.qa1.net if not google QA1 and you'll find it.