The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #51
kevinr1970

Re: Got my 1 piece windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
How clean did the install look... like factory?
It looked pretty good. The glass was more square than the regular glass so their was a frame of sorts around it. But it looked good.
I might have a picture of it but it is from a little ways away so it might not show any detail.
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #52
EJC78
No Life Like Low Life

Re: Got my 1 piece windows

i just spoke to Ben @ OPP and there have been a few ajustments that have not been adressed in the original directions. Guys I'll work on this kit over this week to get installed, I'll include as many pics as possible. I've been spending all my time on the Impala.
Quote:
boxrodz Just a note for some of you, considering this mod.

The October 2006 of the Classic Trucks rag has a write-up on the installation of the one-piece windows. The owner had even upgraded the regulators to what EJC78 uses (Electric-Life) and was able to slightly mod it to make the one-pieces work. The article covers some of the alterations needed to install the one-piece windows. The on-line article may be found at http://onepieceproducts.com/images/O...ksMagazine.pdf.
I already ran into that problem and adressed the Electric-Life not working with the kit.
Quote:
EJC78 Sorry guys progress is slow, Ive also been out of town for a few days. The new window regulator I bought have a different siccor radius witch means the holes that the window track interfear with the opening and closing of the window. The factory power window is fine but the window motor is alot slower than the after market one. I made a few mods to the tracks to see if this will work, but I ran into a few problems there. 4/22/2006
EJC78 is offline   Reply With Quote