The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Interior decisions

I eventually want to totally go through my K5. I have a pretty good plan on what I want for the body and drivetrain, but I am having trouble settling on how to work the interior. Part of me wants to totally cover the tub with spray liner and recover the seats in a nice vinyl for easy cleaning; the other side wants full insulation with carpet floors and cloth seats. I have A/C but I also like the idea of keeping the top off. MAN! TOO MANY DECISIONS! I would like to use the Blazer for a mixture of street and mild offroading. I don’t think you will ever see me in a rock crawling competition or anything that extreme (even though I think its FREAKING COOL!). Anyway, any opinions or pics to share?

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
cstanley

Re: Interior decisions

sounds like you need one of each!

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

What about a spray in liner with rubber mats over the top. You'll have the durablity and protection of the liner with a more finished look of the rubber matting.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
gjk5

Mine has the spray in, done by the PO and I will tell you it is louder than crap going down the road. I would look at mats on top of it, that's what I'll be doing, hopefully it will cut down some of the noise. (I'm sure the crappy cherry bombs don't help though)
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #5
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Just remember one thing, Spray in liner = Hard rust repair later
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
I eventually want to totally go through my K5. I have a pretty good plan on what I want for the body and drivetrain, but I am having trouble settling on how to work the interior. Part of me wants to totally cover the tub with spray liner and recover the seats in a nice vinyl for easy cleaning; the other side wants full insulation with carpet floors and cloth seats. I have A/C but I also like the idea of keeping the top off. MAN! TOO MANY DECISIONS! I would like to use the Blazer for a mixture of street and mild offroading. I don’t think you will ever see me in a rock crawling competition or anything that extreme (even though I think its FREAKING COOL!). Anyway, any opinions or pics to share?
What about a high grade interior/exterior carpet you can wash?

Mike
Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
Blizz

Quote:
Hey, welcome to the board. I'm a fellow San Antonian. What part of town are you in? I'm going to have to go through the same thing myself once I get the floors squared away. You need to post some pics of your Blazer. I can't wait to get mine done, you really don't see many of them around town at ALL.

'96 2dr Tahoe 4x4 daily driver, Black Bear Performance tune, 285-75-16 Nitto Grapplers, Magnaflow muffler, K&N Air filter, Bilstein Shocks.........E-fan, DT Tri Y or Pacesetter LTs coming soon
Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

layer of soundproofing and carpet for a nice quiet ride

77 K5 - 383, auto, 6" lift, D60 front, 14b rear, 39" tsl's,
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #9
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz View Post
Hey, welcome to the board. I'm a fellow San Antonian. What part of town are you in? I'm going to have to go through the same thing myself once I get the floors squared away. You need to post some pics of your Blazer. I can't wait to get mine done, you really don't see many of them around town at ALL.
N.W. side, 1604 and Culebra. I agree, not many around here. I haven't posted any pics yet because I don't really have any. Got a few when I dug her out of the brush a couple of weeks ago. Its been in the garage since then. She runs great now, but doesn't move to well. Trannys out...I guess thats why it was sitting for 7 years. Where are you?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
Blizz

281 & 1604. Mine is mechanically sound, drivetrain is great but the floors, rockers and a fender need replacing because of rust. I wanted to Rhino line the interior so that I can take it to the beach, camping, mudding whatever and be able to spray it out...BUT I don't think I'd like the noise. I'd love to run it without the top but it's friggin HOT here.

'96 2dr Tahoe 4x4 daily driver, Black Bear Performance tune, 285-75-16 Nitto Grapplers, Magnaflow muffler, K&N Air filter, Bilstein Shocks.........E-fan, DT Tri Y or Pacesetter LTs coming soon
Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Lightbulb Re: Interior decisions

I agree with you about wanting to be able to clean out easily. I go to the beach (P.I.N.S.) alot in the warmer months, hunting in the winter time. My body is a little rough also. It doesn't look too bad from a distance, but I can see alot of bondo underneath the paint, looks like about a 12-15 year old job. Im a little worried about what I will find if/when I strip it down. What shape is your hard top in? Mine is basically shot. I'll let you know when I get the automatic back in working order, maybe we can meet up sometime and trade our thoughts. I have seen a few others from S.A. on here as well. Possibly the startings of a S.A.K5 group???

Old 08-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #12
Blizz

Quote:
I agree with you about wanting to be able to clean out easily. I go to the beach (P.I.N.S.) alot in the warmer months, hunting in the winter time. My body is a little rough also. It doesn't look too bad from a distance, but I can see alot of bondo underneath the paint, looks like about a 12-15 year old job. Im a little worried about what I will find if/when I strip it down. What shape is your hard top in? Mine is basically shot. I'll let you know when I get the automatic back in working order, maybe we can meet up sometime and trade our thoughts. I have seen a few others from S.A. on here as well. Possibly the startings of a S.A.K5 group???
My hard top seems to be in great shape. I haven't put it on yet though, I still have the soft top on it. We need to round up the other SA area posters and get something started. That would be really cool.