The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2002, 07:31 PM   #1
smith

Cool Line-X'd Jimmy

I probably should have asked if what anyone thought about this before I did it but... I just had my Jimmy Line-X'd, passenger compartment and all. They sprayed in under the rail in back and all the way to the firewall in front and it looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. They normally charge about $400 for a truck bed and they charged me $650 for this, but I figure I'm protecting my investment. Anyone else ever done this?

smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:52 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

I Line-X'd the underside of my cab before setting it back on the frame. Had the cab media-blasted....welded up all the "un-needed" holes (fuel line, floor shifter, etc)......primed with etching primer.....then sprayed the Line-X on it. Looks better than undercoating and should help with rust and sound insulation.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:18 AM   #3
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

I'd like to see some pics of the interior. That is one of the things I want to do to my interior floor at some point.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I have heard of several guys on CK5 doing the interior of their Blazer/Jimmy. I would like to do the same thing to mine some day, but I've got a lot to do before I get to that point. I have even seen a couple of Blazers that had the exterior done too. It looked ok, but not my thing.

Show us some pics of the finished product. Did you do the tops of the bed rails or just up to them? Did you have any problems mounting your seats or seat belts after it was done?
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 03:39 PM   #5
smith

I'm still fitting everything back in and I'll take pics and post them in the next few days. The pics might not come out that great because you might not be able to see the detail. The shop I had it done at was real helpful, I just told them what bolts and holes I needed to use and they took care of it. I had them spray it under the rails in the back- I was worried about the underside of my softtop screws getting sprayed and messed up, but it wasn't an issue. My floor was really clean to begin with, no rust, so they really didn't have to do much prep work other than weld a small crack around one of the body bushing bolts. There were several other small holes from previous owners mounting things in it that were no longer used and they just sprayed over them so you'd never know they were there.

Old 10-16-2002, 04:05 PM   #6
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Good to know how much it was too. I haven't actually checked into pricing yet but my wife's cousin Rhino Lined his Ranger and it was around $600. I was guessing closer to $1000 to do the Blazer. I have heard that LineX is a lot less expensive but just as quality.

Looking forward to the photos!
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

A guy I know did his Jeep inside with it, sprayed his self about $ 75.00 looked great. Gonna do the bed floor and up to the first line on the sidesof mine,just to see what it looks like.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:03 PM   #8
minibike

I bought the dupli color truck bed lining at Wal Mart and plan on doing the underside of my bed and cab with it. I already have done the inner fenders with it. I called the company, and they said it would bond well to blasted steel (which I had), and it would seal the surface. It's $35 a gallon.

This doesn't look as good as a sprayed on liner (not as thick looking), but for the bottom of the truck it should be OK. I'll probably pay to have the inside of the bed sprayed.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:46 PM   #9
smith

Line X pics

Here's the pics.

Old 10-17-2002, 11:36 PM   #10
akcheyenne

I do Rhino Linings here in AK. I lined the tub of my 1972 CST blazer last Saturday. I went over the top edge to help the top seal better and lined kick plate area to keep from scratching. It has worked well so far as sound deadner. I know from 5 yrs experience spraying Rhino will not allow rust. The typical cost for spraying tub here is $575.00 if it comes in with top removed and driver seat only. Metal has to be in good shape. Any lining only as good as the substrate. Don't know if this helps anyone but thought I would add it.
akcheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:53 AM   #11
imdarren

Could a guy paint over the line-x afterwards?
Has anyone tried that.
Just figured it would look good if you had it line-xed just before the paint job, and then it would all be maching color.
Would the paint adhere / stick good?
Just wondering.

Darren

1967 Chevy C10 LWB Rodstoration In Progress.
1972 K20 Cheyenne Super
imdarren is offline   Reply With Quote