The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
robsm88

help with Panhard bar/bag location

Hey guys. I am installing an ART 4-link kit with bags. I finished getting the link brackets welded up and now I'm just finishing my notch. I was looking for some suggestions from you guys.
Should I make the panhard bar reach past the frame rail to keep the axle centered during travel. I had planned to mount the bags in the same spot, behind the axle outside the frame rails. So, if I do this, I will have to re-postion the bag mounts somewhere else. Anyone have any advice or pics?

Last edited by robsm88; 08-28-2006 at 08:19 AM.
robsm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Tony@AirRideTech

Re: help with Panhard bar/bag location

if it were me..... I would mount the airsprings in front of the axle and I would run tha panhard bar all the way over to the other side just shy of the frame rail. This will keep it at a descent length and you should be able to get it parallel with the ground at ride height. Also by doing that, you have all of the room in the world to mount the shocks. If you mounted them on the outside of the framerail, you could be limiting yourself on tire size if you wanted to go to a wider tire in the future.... If that did not matter to you at all, mounting them outboard will work just fine.
Tony@AirRideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
robsm88

Re: help with Panhard bar/bag location

Thanks Tony. That is exactly how I was wanting to do it, but had not personally seen any done that way so far. If I do it this way, then I could use the lower shock mounts built into my link brackets. Handling will not be affected too much with the airsprings mounted inside the frame rail, correct? I have the 4-link on the outside.
robsm88 is offline   Reply With Quote