The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
jasonrmorrow

Yawn...just another bagged 64w/pics

Well i got tired of screwing around with the brakes...so i threw the wheels on and rolled it out onto the sloped driveway and played with the bags...no compressor yet, but i can tell i want one already...it was fun stopping the truck with just the e-brake.

The pics are from my ****ty camera phone, i'll pull it out later when my gf comes over with her camera. Pics are full lift, and then dumped, she's really begging for a notch...gonna pipe notch it soon. Then itll squat nicer, control arms are on the ground in the bottom pic.

I think my disc brake line kit is the one that runs the lines in front of the crossmember, the way the rear line comes off the prop valve they have to go forwards...

Old 08-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
laidout86

Re: Yawn...just another bagged 64w/pics

looks killer man
laidout86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
Slammed66
Needs a Big Block

I like it

lets redrill those rear axles . and throw some rallys all around ,. then its a sweeeeeeeeeet pickup

P.s its easier to install your brake lines when they arent sitting on my frame 200km away....................
1972 K10
Slammed66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
jasonrmorrow

Ya thanks for the tip Matt, i've got all the lines mocked in now, definately have to run the lines in front of the crossmember, not too sure how i feel about that, oh well probably wrap it all in rubber hose especially with it being slightly lowered now. I'm positive i want onboard air though, ride height sucks, its still way too high, i want it dumped whenever possible.

I still need one more adapter though, for some reason that short little line that i forgot is two different size threads, and the "T" fitting and flex hose are 1/8", so i have to get one more 5/16"s to 1/8" adapter, which i think i found at partsource, no problem.

I have to move the fuel pump then we can go nuts on the notch, another saturday job ? Brake pushrod is hooked up, drilled a few new holes so i can tweak the feel if i need to.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
Slammed66
Needs a Big Block

cool cool
if you want to lower your ride height pull you bottom cups and trim them down a bit

yeah well do that notch on a saturday or sunday

you might not want to trim those cup up front too much once you have the on board air itll be nice to have that height to clear offending manholes!
1972 K10

Last edited by Slammed66; 08-07-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #6
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed66
cool cool
if you want to lower your ride height pull you bottom cups and trim them down a bit

yeah well do that notch on a saturday or sunday

you might not want to trim those cup up front too much once you have the on board air itll be nice to have that height to clear offending manholes!
He said his LCA's are on the ground in the second pic, in which the truck is laid out so trimming the cups down isn't going to lower it more. It will however limit his lift up front so it would be adviseable to leave them as-is.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 AM   #7
jasonrmorrow

I love the look aired out, but like i said ride height is only an inch or two lower than it was with the dropped springs, at least thats where i think it will be, but thats the way its gonna be, unless i Z it, and i don wanna. I do wanna get the rear down more, the notch will help, that big mutha gas tank will get in the way soon though, so we'll notch it and i'll throw the onboard air in, paint it, and build the model a. Sound good...

Hopefully i'll get "level" pics tomorrow night, gotta get one more adapter fitting, stupid brake lines...i still dont see how to "wrap" the 82 lines and attatched them properly, do they loop above the control arm ?? I'll post pics of some of the ways i was gonna try to attach them.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #8
Slammed66
Needs a Big Block

trimming his cups will lower his ride height at his desired pressure for the best ride quality
1972 K10
Old 08-30-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
MisterMan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrmorrow View Post
Well i got tired of screwing around with the brakes...so i threw the wheels on and rolled it out onto the sloped driveway and played with the bags...no compressor yet, but i can tell i want one already...it was fun stopping the truck with just the e-brake.

The pics are from my ****ty camera phone, i'll pull it out later when my gf comes over with her camera. Pics are full lift, and then dumped, she's really begging for a notch...gonna pipe notch it soon. Then itll squat nicer, control arms are on the ground in the bottom pic.

I think my disc brake line kit is the one that runs the lines in front of the crossmember, the way the rear line comes off the prop valve they have to go forwards...

bro. thats one warped ass bed!!!! looks good indeed!!
MisterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #10
jimmydean

Love it! Man, I'm about 2 weeks from getting my bags in and on the road, can't wait!
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote