The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

LMC's Halogen headllights

Has anyone tried the LMC Truck Euro Headlights that you put the bulbs into? These would NOT be the sealed beam units, but the ones that can have either blue or white high wattage bulbs in them. I want to replace the quad bulbs in my 84 and get as much illumination as I can.

Any comments on them
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:01 AM   #2
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Re: LMC's Halogen headllights

I haven't tried the LMC headlight setup.

I'm currently running Silverstar's which are brighter and whiter then stock, but I'm considering stepping up to the Hella H4 conversion. I'm not sure of the brand LMC is offering.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:38 AM   #3
RaycerX73C20

I have simular lights in my 81 Z28, way better than stock lighting. I recomend the harness upgrade with them. I melted two headlight plugs because of the heat from the bulbs, the harness stops that.
RaycerX73C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

When you state that you are running sililar lights in your Z28, would like to clarify what it is that you are running. Is it the H-4 conversion?

Anyone know where the Hella conversion is sold?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
beaterC10

I bought some conversion bulbs off Ebay earlier this year. They aren't Hella, but they are glass lenses and look to be pretty good quality. I haven't installed them yet, so I can't comment on the performance. The guy has a store on Ebay named Autopal.

Last edited by beaterC10; 09-11-2006 at 11:17 AM.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

I live just down the road from LMC, so I am going to go to their outlet and see what they have. If they are what I am looking for, then I can have them in a couple hours. They really do have a large warehouse and they never seem to have anything on back order.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts
Anyone know where the Hella conversion is sold?
I had a link when I researched the conversion kits a while back but can't seem to locate it. It may have been the rallylights.com site. It looks like hella now has Free Form headlamps that are DOT legal. I don't believe that the common Hella 165mm headlamps are DOT legal even with the 60/55 W bulbs. Although, I have heard that the light output and pattern is much better than the standard headlights. Aside from Hellas, Cibies, and other top brands, I don't know about the quality of some of the no name brands others sell.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #8
wildmanaaron

You can also buy the 4x6 DHL euro crystal headlights on eBay quite often. I have a set at home right now waiting for me that I paid $22 w/Shipping for. You just have to get creative with the search that you enter. I typed in 4x6 headlights or just lights I believe. I think I got them from makoautotrends or something?

Also you may type in 81-91 Chevy becaus whomever is listing these parts doesnt understand the 81-87 and 81-91 model year significance or something.
wildmanaaron is offline   Reply With Quote