The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

Got some parts for both trucks today, take a look

Went to a couple salvage yards today, and got quite a few parts for Yeller and Herb (our 'Burb..get it? ).

I found two REAL nice low back bucket seats. Both are passenger side seats, one removed from a Suburban, the other from a Blazer. I will be using these in Yeller instead of the high back seats I already had. I also got the console from the Suburban since it too is in remarkable shape (no cracks and the chrome is in great shape).

I also picked up a complete set of 15x8 Rally wheels. My plan for them is to sand blast them, powder coat, get new tires, and install them on our Suburban. Our Suburban already has Rally wheels on it, but they are rusty and need some attention...so I figure I could restore one set, put them on when done, and sell or store the ones that are currently on there.

I also got some misc fasteners for the Burb and Yeller, a couple spare trim rings for the Rallys, and a complete roof light setup (lenses, gaskets, wiring, screws, etc) I will be keeping for a different truck should I get it down the road.
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
bigblock73
yeller

Re: Got some parts for both trucks today, take a look

OK, now for the initial intent of this thread. Since I already have factory truck bucket seat brackets to mount these seats to, I do not need the brackets these seats originally came with.

So, I have removed them from the seats and am willing to give these away to anyone who may need them, all I ask in return is for you to pay the shipping charges.

The first two pics are of the Suburban passenger side bucket seat brackets. Everything is there, but one of the mounting tabs is broken. It can easily be welded or a new one can be made using the broken one as a template.

The next two pics are of the passenger side Blazer rear latching mechanism (the seats tilts forward to allow people to get in back). Everything is there, but it is only the latching part, not the parts that mounts tothe floow it "snaps" in to.

LIke I said, this stuff is free, you just pay to ship it. If nobody wants this stuff, I'll just recycle it...but I hate wasting perfectly good parts.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigblock73; 09-15-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
OK, now for the initial intent of this thread. Since I already have factory truck bucket seat brackets to mount these seats to, I do not need the brackets these seats originally came with.
Interested.

Do you know if other non-Gm seats would bolt up to the brackets or do you have to use the correct 'era' buckets?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 09-15-2006 at 11:24 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
edman87
junk collector

Those wheels look great painted or powdercoated black with the beauty rings and shiny centercaps installed.
'98 jeep tj
'52 willys cj3a
edman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #5
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Interested.

Do you know if other non-Gm seats would bolt up to the brackets or do you have to use the correct 'era' buckets?
Scoti, the mounting surface on the bottom of the seat is perfectly flat, and of course the brackets are flat as well since they bolt together. I would think it would be easy to fab an adapter plate if you want to use these brackets on a different seat.

Just to be clear, I only have the passenger side brackets, as I grabbed two passenger side buckets from different trucks (Suburban and Blazer). You will have to come up with a drivers side set of brackets.

If you still want one or both, send me your zip code and I will try to calculate shipping via FedEx.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:45 PM   #6
bigblock73
yeller

I also put these on Craigslist...free as well. I did not post them here, since I will not ship these or deal with the hassle of doing so. If anyone can pick these up, that can have them as well. The reason I have so many is they came with the truck bucket seat brackets (and consoles) I wanted so badly. All four need work, but the one on the far right is actually in pretty good shape.

I need the space, and these things take up a lot of it. I still have a nice set of high backs, but I am hanging on to those.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #7
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Jeff, what did the red seat come out of? It looks like a Blazer seat, by the release mechanism. Did the sub have a tilting seat too?

Oh yeah, good score! Those seats will look a lot better in your truck, IMO. A lot more in the same time period.

Last edited by Jonboy; 09-16-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

IMO, those low back seats should look nicer in the cab than the high backs. What do you plan to use to cover them? Tan leather or ???

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:36 AM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Jeff, what did the red seat come out of? It looks like a Blazer seat, by the release mechanism. Did the sub have a tilting seat too?
Oh yeah, good score! Those seats will look a lot better in your truck, IMO. A lot more in the same time period.
Jon I was thinking the same thing, that looks like a Blazer set up.

Jeff, I have to agree with everyone that the low backs will look much better in your truck....

Scoti- If you don't want them I will take them.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 09-17-2006 at 09:41 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #10
bigblock73
yeller

Read my second post fellas, the tan seat is a passenger seat out of a Suburban, the red seat is a passenger seat out of a Blazer. I had to mix and match to get one good complete set of buckets.

I have no drivers side brackets, but could get them in a week or two if you want them.

If you look closly at the Suburban seat bracketry, it appears that the drivers and passenger side are the same..both have the adjustemnt levers on the left side of the seat.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #11
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I don't know why I thought it said "pickup". I thought the brackets looked a little strange, though. IIRC, there is plenty of room to get your hand in there to adjust it, but most likely I would leave it all the way back, just like teh factory pickup bracket.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
SCOTI

They would prob just end up sitting on a shelf for me anyway so perhaps I'll step out so someone that will actually put them to use can get them.

The offer was (is) amazing though! The people that visit this board are what make it great.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 09-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #13
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
The people that visit this board are what make it great.
I agree Scoti...I have been on the receiving end of some excellent deals and more help than I can even begin to count.

Ken, if you want them, PM me your zip and I will let you know what shipping is. If you want the drivers side brackets, I can get them in a week or two (I think)...and can send you both at once.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Yeah, I may as well have a set sitting around. I keep having these fantasies about having a set of factory low backs in my 77. Then reality sets in and I realize I need a third seat for my daughter.

I am considering putting a set together using a late model jump seat in the middle...

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 09-18-2006, 12:01 AM   #15
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Yeah, I may as well have a set sitting around. I keep having these fantasies about having a set of factory low backs in my 77. Then reality sets in and I realize I need a third seat for my daughter.

I am considering putting a set together using a late model jump seat in the middle...
Ken,
I was going to go 'retro' & shoot for the 67~68 'buddy-bucket' look in the 74. I already have a set of bucket seat brackets but they were slightly tweaked when I got them & now even more so after trying to fab a frame to work.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 09-18-2006, 08:52 AM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

My 04 Dodge QC has a jump seat, and so does my 06 Silverado CC. I think one from a late model truck could be used and recovered to match the styling of the buckets.

Jeff, what is the width of the low back bucket at it's widest point?

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #17
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Jeff, what is the width of the low back bucket at it's widest point?
23 inches Ken.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #18
ScottH

Put me next in line just incase Ken passes for both seat brackets.

Thanks.

Scott
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #19
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Jeff, Thanks for the info. I don't think I need the Blazer set up, so give me the shipping cost for the truck bracket to 77429

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"