The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
bow-tie-bandit
Live life and be happy.

Thank You to the board and its members

Hello there. First of all I want to thank the board for being able to search the posts for good information. I decided yesterday to replace the leaking chrome t-stat housing (previous owner) with a stock housing lying around. Bought a new t-stat and gasket. Leak fixed. Next I decided to figure out why my heater would only blow cold since the (PO) put in a new heater core. I checked the forums for info and both my hoses from the core were routed to the proper places and were hot to the touch so I ruled out a water flow problem. I read that the heater flap door may be stuck open. Well I was about to disconnect the heat control cable when I saw a 1inch by 2 inch rubber boot that the cable went through towards the firewall. I moved it aside and saw that the cable had fallen off or possibly not put back on the flapper door when the heater core was changed out. Manually pulled the door closed and yes I have heat again. Then put the cable back on. ( I've owned lots of 67-72's and they have always roasted me out of the cab) Anyway sorry to ramble on I just wanted to say thanks.
bow-tie-bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: Thank You to the board and its members

VERY COOL...glad you got'er done...your pal mark
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote