The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2002, 03:38 PM   #26
ibjoker69
hahaha

There are a couple of good sounding trucks on the board for sale. And it may not cost you your soul. Joker69
Old 07-31-2002, 10:17 PM   #27
smitty62

I suspect your mother is going to pay for that truck many times over in the future. I would urge you to get your savings in hand and move on--don't try for revenge--it'll end up hurting you more in the long run

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:48 PM   #28
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Mom, this is the Taliban. Taliban, this is Mom. You two have a lot in common, so I'm oughta' here! Cya, and enjoy your time together! Religion strikes again!

Sorry if I offend anyone, but anyone that places religion ahead of family or holds it over someone's head, especially their own child, can...............,can.............., never mind, I won't say it.

Sounds to me as if you, at least, have yourself focused in the right direction. The truck, after all is said and done, is just a thing, and things can be replaced. I think it is very smart of you to be focused on going to school, and I hope you go and do well there. I went through what you are facing now about fifteen years ago, and both my parents are still bitter and full of hate. I didn't see my mother for three years, but we worked things out, and there were some tears shed in the process. Things will never be the same, but everyone has moved on, and for the most part healed. And if I can help you find another truck, I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can. And as for the subject of religion, I'll share with you a little quote I saw a while back in an article discussing the subject, which sums things up pretty well IMHO:

"The intense hatred, prejudice, and violence shown throughout history, to the present time, by most religious groups sadly indicates that organized religion causes as much harm as good."

Good luck in school, and best wishes for a great future!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:56 AM   #29
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

Unhappy

Barn9, I must speak up and say that I totally disagree with you on the religion issue. You seem to want to emphasize the bad that religion causes. Although I'm not Mormon and don't agree with its doctrine, you can't say religions cause people harm anymore than you can say that guns cause school shootings. Its all in how it's used. They're both tools that can be use for good as well as bad. Neither are inherently bad.

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Last edited by Brad; 08-01-2002 at 01:00 AM.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:45 AM   #30
Hooter
My other Love

Just think like Bart simpson "so you get bored somewhere else every sunday" Thats a joke. My religion is doukhobour and nothing can change that. Its pretty harsh for your mom to make you choose between what you believe in and your truck (althought for some people 67-72 chevy pickups are a religion)

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #31
jmil1974
Ain't we cute?

Get all your money in your posession ASAP.
Unless she is paying for it, go to school where you think and feel is best for you.
Make the truck disappear for a while until thinkgs blow over.
Be patient and understanding, I also know she's not acting like herself right now. I suspect that regardless of religion, she'll apologize for this down the road.
Parents have a right to encourage their kids of any age in certain directions. Money and things are a perfectly legitimate tool for that. However, from what you've told us -- I do believe her method is inappropriately harsh and cold for where you are in your life and where she is in hers. She needs to work out her frustrations with your dad, not take them out on you.
Keep your truck, keep your head, keep your empathy, and keep the moral high ground.

Good luck!
Old 10-21-2002, 05:40 PM   #32
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

Oh...heh...thanks for the support but don't worry, I got this all taken care of back in August.

(Here for the update.)

Suffice it to say, I've got my truck, it's got a 700R4, Vortecs, a new stereo, and new tires since then...and it's here with me at the UofA in Tucson.

(Oh, and if anyone's wondering, my relationship with my mom did do a 180 after that. Life is good these days.)
Old 10-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #33
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Glad to hear that you and your mom are getting along. That's great news!
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote