The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #26
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Arrow Re: What did you get done? 10/01

Jeff, i could write something up but i have only the pics you see i did take some of the install but they didnt come out so i deleted them cuz the truck is black and the shop im in is sorta dark.

If you still want me to do something on it, it will have to wait cuz i lost the engine in my Tahoe and i'll be working on it for the next week or so maybe less it just depends on when the new eng. arrives.

Brandon, Yes it works if you look at the pic of the mirror you can make out 89* but the flash of the camera kept making the mirror go into the dim mode so i was unable to get a good pic of the temp/compass display.

The display only shows one or the other so you have to toggle between the two modes.

There is a mirror form a later model tahoe that shows both at the same time but at the time i got this one from ebay there wernt any up for auction.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE

Last edited by 87 STEPPER; 10-05-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #27
bigblock73
yeller

Re: What did you get done? 10/01

Bruce, yes, I am still interested in your writeup. That is OK about the pics, one should be able to figure out how to do it with what we already have seen and a good write up. I am more than willing to help whenever you are ready. Just let me know. Good luck on the engine project.
Closed Thread