The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
raphyel

Vent window parts

Does anyone know where I can find a fully restored vent window assembly for a 60-63 or where I can find all the parts to do it myself. I have looked around, but cant seem to find those parts the bar that runs between both windows has rust and I would like chrome or stainless.....also all of the seals and stuff..thanks in advance.
raphyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Chevyman680063

Re: Vent window parts

I did some looking for you and only found one place so far that said they had the window division bar but it doesn't say whether it's chrome or stainless. Try http://www.classicindustries.com/. I think most other places have the other parts like the glass, rubber seals, and handles but so far I only see where classic industries has the window division bar. You might want to call them and see about it.
Chevyman680063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman680063 View Post
I did some looking for you and only found one place so far that said they had the window division bar but it doesn't say whether it's chrome or stainless. Try http://www.classicindustries.com/. I think most other places have the other parts like the glass, rubber seals, and handles but so far I only see where classic industries has the window division bar. You might want to call them and see about it.
Many places sell them and the division bars are usually electrogalvanized with a s/stl edge. Most of it will be covered up or down in the door. For the vent window rivets we just buy them from Rez Engineering. Cheapest place for glass is the local glass shop. We sell glass but its cheaper to buy locally. If you can't find any let us know and we can get you some
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
Chevy230

Check out Golden State parts. I have a ctalog about a yr old; they list complete chrome vent window assemblies for 60-66 yr trucks. They are pricey @ $495.00 per pair. With a refundable core charge of $250.00 per pair. There toll free line is 1-800-235-5717. I know they have a website; don't have their address handy.
Chevy230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
raphyel

I will look into it, I have some research to do about the division bar. As far as glass. I will try to go to a local shop and find it....Thanks
raphyel is offline   Reply With Quote