The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
68shortfleet

67-72 cab interchange

My recently purchased 68 c-10 has a very rusty cab, and with the truck came a very solid 71 c-20 A/C cab. Obviously i want to install the 71 cab. Are there any small things that i need to be aware of before i do this? Are the cab mounts the same?

And just for my curiosity and the archives, How about any differences to the 4x4 cabs. Will they interchange onto a 2wd also? What makes them different?

Thanks
Jason
68shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: 67-72 cab interchange

About the only thing you'll really have to worry about, you'll want to take the parking brake cable that goes from the pedal to the adjuster under the cab, you'll need to retain the throttle cable assembly verses the rod on the 68, and the harness in the cab won't be the same as the 68 either. If they are both guage inst panels... or both dummy light panels, then you should be able to just plug and play.
As for the C verses K series... the 4X4 will have a high hump floor, which bolts in. If the 2 wheel drive truck is a 4 speed, or a big block, then it too will have the bolt in high hump, if it has an automatic or a column shift tranny, it'll have the one piece low hump, that can be cut out and the high hump bolted in if you are going for the 4X4 truck. If you aren't needing the high hump and/or the shifter(s) in the floor, you could just weld up the holes, and run the high hump floor with no issues what-so-ever.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
68shortfleet

Re: 67-72 cab interchange

Thanks Longhorn
The 71 came with all the wiring harness that goes through the firewall, i think. Also still has the throttle cable and the parking brake cable still attached. Looks like i am good to go.

Thanks
Jason
68shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote