The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #26
b&a72

Re: Planning a trip. Need help on what to do

bskylerj,
I will be at Goodguys also, and am looking forward to seeing your truck, I think all of the other AZ guys have given you plenty of info but if you need more don't hesitate to ask.
b&a72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #27
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Thanks guys for all of your help. I look foreward to meeting all of you.
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #28
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Well gentleman we are less than 2 weeks away from heading out of Spokane. Thank god as it was 10 degrees here yesterday morning. The new tranny should be in by the end of the week and then on to detailing the truck so we can hit the road.

Is there any thing going on Friday night? Let me know if any of you want to get together during or after the show on any day. I will be getting to town Wed. Night.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #29
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

well i went ahead & put my hat in the ring. i registered for the show wed. afternoon. so i will for sure be there too! i am in no means going to compete with you bskylerj, but i think i could do good in anytype of "under construction" class. i look foward to meeting everyone as well! i know there is going to be a pre party at rb's in north phoenix on friday afternoon/night (it maybe on thurs.) i would like to go to it, maybe that is where we could all meet to see each other?? it is a ways up to where they are though. a good hour from my place & atleast the same from the side of town the show is at. anyways i am up to just about anything that someone can come up with...

hope (will) see you guys soon!!!

rodstored-72 (jake)
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #30
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Sweeet! That makes at least 2 trucks there? lol

HOT ROD TOUR – with our host club “Over the Hill Gang” Phoenix, leaves registration at 9:30 to tour local hot rod shops
KICK OFF PARTY – 3 pm Open House & BBQ at RB’s Obsolete.

I am going to do the Hot Rod Tour and then head with them to the open house. Iwill have to follow as I will not have a clue of where I am.

Bryan
Old 11-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

i would like to do the tour, but i think i will only be able to meet at the open house. i will see what i can get away with at the office????! anyways i will for sure meet with you guys there...
see ya sooooonn!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #32
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Thats great. Hopefully it works out for you to do the tour as well. Hopefully some of the other can join us as well.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #33
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Do people meet at the Pavillions on Fridays as well? Is there any shows or gatherings on Fidays? If not what is there good to do? I have a buddy coming down with me so we might have to find soemthing fun to do on Friday.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #34
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

well,
i don't think anything goes on on friday there, but i know there are a couple of smaller shows around the area (basically in mesa) i am not sure of where.

hey brian,
have you recieved anything as far as conformation (like a info. pack) or something??? i registered online & i was wondering if i need to do anything else?? i am hoping that i can take that friday off to get in & settled for the sat. activities.

thanks!! rodstored-72 (jake)
Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #35
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
well,
hey brian,
have you recieved anything as far as conformation (like a info. pack) or something??? i registered online & i was wondering if i need to do anything else?? i am hoping that i can take that friday off to get in & settled for the sat. activities.

thanks!! rodstored-72 (jake)
When i did the Goodguys here in Spokane back in August I pre-registered as well. I think it is a way to speed things up when you get there. The first day you get there you have to go to registration still and get in a line for the online registrations. This speeds it up as they have a packet ready for you and off you go. I am going to get there early Thursday morning before the hot rod tour to get mine.

Tell them at work you have an eye problem. You just can't see coming in...lol...
Old 11-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #36
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

bskylerj,
i think that i am going to take fri off & probably register around noon or so on friday. i got my info packet last night for both the show & my membership to good guys (very cool). i will for sure be at the bbq (rb's) & i think that fastfun (andy) might show up as well. i will look for your truck & you when i get there..i will be driving a green & primered '72 swb with a 383 motor. look foward to seeing you then!

rodstored-72 (jake)
Old 11-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #37
70rs/ss

I think Firebird is open on friday's for a run what you brung 1/4 mile? If you go around there is always something, mostly in Mesa. I plan to be at the Goodguys show on Saturday, but I can't get down before Friday night. Phoenix is about 4-5 hours from me. Check with some speed shops in Phoenix (call information for Lopers or some other hot rod shop) call them and ask about shows or get togethers, as they have flyers up about this stuff as well as word of mouth. I'll not be driving any of my Chevies, d@mn it just my new truck (long story that ends with a totalled 05 Yukon XL after it rolled!!) I look forward to meeting up with you guys, I'll find that sweet truck and assume everybody else will be there, right!?
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:20 AM   #38
bskylerj
Account Suspended

I got my packet today but they registered my Truck as a 72. I quess it does not matter but I will have to change ot when I get there. I will see you there.

70rs/ss
I will call one of the speed shops. Thanks and we will see you on Sat.

Here is my cell if I have not posted it yet. 509-868-4424.

ONE WEEK TILL I HIT THE ROAD and my truck is tore apart. We putin a new tranny and then we tore the pan off the motor checking on everything. I better get things moving.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:02 AM   #39
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Well I have bad news gentleman. I have to tear apart the motor and it will not be ready to come to Arizona. I have a wrist pin that siezed and has caused some issues. I will not be able to make the trip now and I am bumbed out something fierce. I appreciate all of your help in getting this ready and I will make a trip down next year hopefully in the spring.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #40
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

bskylerj,
dduuuuddeee soooo sorry to hear that!! i was really looking foward to meeting you. i hope that you might be able to find your way down here. i hope things with the motor get fixed soon! i am still going to be at the rb's bbq on thurs. night. i will be driving a green/primer '72. if anyone from the board wants to say hi then just look for the truck. maybe this will give you the "excuse" to buy some more stuff for the motor?? again sorry to hear about it & good luck with it!!!!

please let us know how things are going...

rodstored-72 (jake)
Old 11-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #41
70rs/ss

I'll be at the show on Sat, man sorry to hear about that. I had a BBC lose a couple of pins. Apparently once you heat the little end up a couple of times they get too big, the pins actually slid through and cut a groove in the cylinder wall!!! Needless to say 4 new rods later I was A OK, but I had to tear it down and put it back together. Well, I hope to see some board members in Sunny Phoenix!! I wish I was coming for the RACE this weekend, go #8 Jr all the way!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #42
mjensen

That sucks man! I was hoping to stop by with Timcos and check out your ride while you were stopped in SL. Definately keep us posted.

Mike

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #43
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

70RS/SS,
give me a holler on sat. i will be there. i will have my truck in the show. i will be walking around some on sat., but plan on trying to stay around the truck most of the day...

rodstored-72 (jake)