The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

Question Know any other vendors that make these?

I am looking for another bolt-up-to-stock 2 x 12" fan mount kit.

Link to example:

http://www.classicheartbeat.com/cata...n%20Shroud.htm

If you know another vendor selling something similar for 67-72 GM pickups using a 3-core radiator?

** Before anybody responds with, "why not make your own?! It's cheaper!"..... This is pre-made, it wil fit the fans I have right now, it cost about $40 more to buy it pre-fabbed and ready to bolt up. It will take me a couple of hours to make something similar...my time is worth the $40 at this point

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
Jayss109

Re: Know any other vendors that make these?

Im interested in this as well...!
________
Black amateur

Last edited by Jayss109; 04-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Jayss109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
shifty
Questionable

I looked around - found one other vendor who would create them out of aluminum, but nothing else. I guess I will order tomorrow (was hoping another board vendor might have them, but I see I was wrong )

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
GMCPaul

We do, part#1339351 is for single fan applications, and part #1339357 further down the page is for dual fans, you'll find them here.
http://www.gmcpauls.com/radiators.htm
GMCPaul

Last edited by GMCPaul; 10-23-2006 at 01:33 AM.
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #5
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

I hope I'm right about this.
I believe Fuelcellguy built this one for a boardmember.Bout as sweet as they come imo.
Attached Images

'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
shifty
Questionable

Thumbs up Re: Know any other vendors that make these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
We do, part#1339351 is for single fan applications, and part #1339357 further down the page is for dual fans, you'll find them here.
http://www.gmcpauls.com/radiators.htm
GMCPaul
SOLD! (Just placed order )

I expected you to have a better price than anyone else, but, alas, didn't see this at your site. I thought I was looking in the right place too. Had to order today, looking forward to getting my cooling system setup. Glad you have these - your service is ... next to none. (Gave you a solid review over in the reviews forum! You deserve more attention!)

Old 10-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #7
Pickles

anyone know where I can get a body mount kit for a 1968 Chevy Suburban 4x4? I am almost ready to put the body back on the frame.

Thanks, Pickles
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #8
shifty
Questionable

The body mount kit is one that I went with Brothers Trucks on. I don't know how any other one measures up, but the Brothers kit includes everything EXCEPT the round metal tubing that goes inside the body mounts to keep from crushing the mount or overcompressing the bushings. LMC and NPD are the only places I have seen that carry the full monte, with the center anti-crush tube spacer things.

When you get to the point of installing them, if you have an LMC catalog laying around, look in their catalogue for installation reference, it shows a better blowup of how everything goes in than any vendor I have ever seen provide.

I would never shop with LMC myself though, after the horror stories I have heard here.

I'll tell you - I have had nothing but kickass service from GMCPauls, and if they have the same kit as Brothers, you would not do wrong to order from either - you'd spend less than almost anywhere else and get primo service to boot. I've placed a couple of orders with Brothers and at least 5 orders w/GMCPaul's in the past 2 months.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
shifty
Questionable

Meanwhile, see these two threads on the cab mounts:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=180365
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=210933

Both give pretty clear pics of how to set them up.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #10
Pickles

Hey Shifty, Thanks for the info. I looked a GMCPaul site but really hard to tell if it is what you are looking for without pic's. Most don't have alot for suburbans. I will contact them.

Thanks again,Pickles
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Yeah, I often have a hard time finding things, but a quick email or phone call will usually get you a part number if you can't find it. GMC Pauls is very pleasant to deal with.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #12
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Hey Shifty, how long have you been working for GMC Paul? Just kidding! At least it was nice that the first vendor provided good pics & info that you could use to try and find it somewhere else
I also like to use LMC as a good reference, but I don't put them down. I actually buy some things from them...sort of paying back for the free catalogs and info.
Good Luck with your truck.

Last edited by PICKMUP; 10-24-2006 at 04:51 PM.
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #13
Vince M

I ordered my body mounts from AutoZone. I first went to energy Suspensions web site and got the numbers for urethane bushings, went to AutoZone with the part numbers and they ordered them for me. No shipping charges. just picked them up when they came in. They came with the small metal inner tubes also. Just another alternative.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
shifty
Questionable

Hye y'all, I got this thing in from GMCPauls today, and, lemme tell ya, It's a quality piece. Perfect fit, great look, just takes 3 self tapping screws up top and on bottom.

Will post pics when I run upstairs and get them downloaded.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:08 AM   #15
shifty
Questionable

Ok, must not be much interest in this, eh?

I'll post pics anyway!

Click the picture for a super large view.

Last edited by shifty; 11-07-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #16
LockDoc
The Older Generation

It looks good to me shifty. I may invest in something like that for my '67/454 truck.... Post back with the results when you get'er up & runnin'.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:59 AM   #17
shifty
Questionable

Will do.

I just figured out that this thing takes Flex-A-Lite 12" cooling fans (F-A-L part number 212), I previously thought it took Mr. Gasket fans, MRG part number 1986 BUT - I was wrong (Found out the hard way after a 1½-hour trip to Summit and back - note to self: Carry part you're fitting the fans to next time ). These are a 12" fan with 10 blades, and it appears that it is NOT sold in most local auto parts store and your favorite online stores - only vendor I can find with it is Wes @ ClassicHeartbeat.com ($76/fan GREAT price, wonderful guy to deal with also), and it comes with the some hardware, but you'll need to pick up some washers, bolts, poly-lock (nylok/nylock) nuts and a couple of grommets to do it up.

I will be picking a couple fans up tomorrow and will post back with installed pictures for everyone to look at if there is some interest.

I am very, very happy with the prices on this. Price for the pre-assembled unit already mounted with fans is $350-500 at Classicheartbeat. GMCPauls had the lowest price on the shroud (I think it was $129?) and each fan is $76 if you buy it. You can assemble the whole thing for under $300 after tax, which ain't bad at all for an elec fan setup that is this streamlined (it uses ball bearing motors too, great CFM flow stats on the fans)

Almost can't wait to get this done. Gotta vote tomorrow though, that is biggest priority...so ... fans gotta wait till after that!!

Last edited by shifty; 11-11-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #18
71Chev

Thanks for all the kind words shifty!

Pickles
You will find the suburban/panel body mount kit here http://www.gmcpauls.com/rubber_&_weather_strip_21.htm p/n 409025 near the bottom of the page.

Les
@GMCPauls
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #19
shifty
Questionable

Damn. Had the fans wrong. Post modified. Apparently it takes Flex-A-Lite fans, model #212 (which they do not publicly sell!), but it is possible you could use the lighter-duty #112 model

Last edited by shifty; 11-11-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #20
shifty
Questionable

As promised, I created an FAQ thread on the install (finished install yesterday).

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=216128

There's a link if anyone is interested...