The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
1969k10stepside

Unhappy Last pics of the 69 C10 before its gone...

Well,I got this 69 C10 for free a while back in hopes of doing god knows what to it.Well I found out it had a bent frame so now I am taking any last thing I want to keep off and taking the rest to the junkyard.Well,atleast I didnt pay anything for it...I am going to become a subscriber this week or next so I will be selling stuff from this and another truck shortly so if you need anything I will see if its good and let you know...
Here is some pics of the body sitting in the backyard waiting to go to its grave.
Name:  Pic704.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  Pic705.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  78.0 KB
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
"67"StepSide

Re: Last pics of the 69 C10 before its gone...

No No!!! hope someone takes thoes parts off death row and brings them back to life... I Love these trucks and hate to see any of them go to the big crusher in the sky!! Good luck with your parts!
"67"StepSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
krue
Designated A-hole!

Sometimes you just have to let them go.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
Aarons72s

HAy dustin. You need to strip it before you junk it. Here is what I usually strip off of them before I junk them.

1. everything in the doors- and I do mean everything! vent windows, latch mecanism, glass, all the screws.
2. Door hinge bolts. Even if the hinges are junk those bolts can sometimes be hard to find and they strip real easy. I used to have a large bag full of them but by now I just have enough to finish. Trust me keep those bolts.
3. If the glass is good pull it. Same as above if it is good you never know when you need it.
4. If it has a un cut dash take it out. Those clean dashes are gold.
5. Everything bolted inside the cab. Like I said you never know when you might need it.
6.Those 2 large bolts that hold the inner fenders on. Hard to find and alot of them need to be replaced. So if they are good grabem.
7. You may also want to keep the seat, hay they make great shop sofa's.
8. on the core support. Grab the hood latch and latch support. They are an easily damaged item and I would put them back.
9. Scrap the rest.
10. And this is something i do when I cut up a truck. I take the vin plate or builders plate and mount it on my wall in the garage. In memory of the departed truck.

That is what I would salvage and put back. This was in no way shape or form of a wtb post. Just a suggestion on what to save and what to scrap.
Aaron

Last edited by Aarons72s; 11-16-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:06 AM   #5
rstucken

Do you have the parking lamp housings for the grille? How much for those? Thank you.
rstucken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
1969k10stepside

I plan on stripping anything I can.I have the other cab which came of the shorty K10 stripped except for the tank and rear window.The C10 cab will be stripped fairly good except I am afraid to really get in itI plan on saving anything still good.I dont know how stubborn some of those bolts will be though.
rstucken,I belive they are good but I will have to wait till it quits raining so I can check.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote