The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
roj2323

Exclamation a true test- por 15 verses KBS coatings

hey all,
i was at chicago's vette fest on saturday and after talking with both the por-15 and KBS guys i decided the only way i was going to get the truth was to test both. i have ordered both company's sample kits and im awaiting there arrival. currently my planns are to test both products on rusty and freshly blasted 2in angle iron. after they dry i will do a hammer test, heat test, brake fluid test, and a salt water test. however while i wait i figured i'd get some additional ideas from you. so tell me how should i torcher the por-15 and KBS coatings products?

http://stop-rust.net/rust-sealer.html <-KBS coatings
http://www.por15.com/ <-por-15

ondrew
p.s. if anyone wants me to test any additional products let me know your willing to send it to me and i will post those results as well.
roj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: a true test- por 15 verses KBS coatings

Awwww, you know, you would be doing a huge, huge favor to the community if you put Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator on one also.

We don't hear about KBS vs. Anyone else as much as we hear POR15 vs Eastwood's RE.

Cool idea though!

I bet if you contact Eastwood, they would lend a sample. If you have problems getting in touch with someone, plesae let me know!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 11-19-2006 at 11:35 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
roj2323

Re: a true test- por 15 verses KBS coatings

anyone else care to chime in? i'll test eastwoods but i'm allready $50 into this so i'd rather not pay for it.
roj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote