The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
jtm

Front Disc Brakes and Power Steering-anyone in Austin or Nearby wanna help?

I have kits to do front disc brakes and power steering on my 64 Fleetside (also known as June Carter). The guy I bought it from was supposed to help me install but I have about given up on that idea as dont think it is going to happen (good guy, just hard to pin down).

At any rate, I am trying to learn how to work on this beast (oh I do lover her so) so really want to participate but am about to just turn it over to SASS (ironic cuz that is where the guy , Jeremy,I bought it from works) or Dave's Perfection on South First.

Before I do that, anyone up for a project? Anyone out there wanna tutor a wanna be mechanic?

Other stuff I am trying to do at same time is lowering kit for rear (I have 2 1/2" drop spindles for front discs) and replace the cab mounts. Jeremy was going to have access to a compressor and impact wrench to make that easier.

Also need to replace the hood.

So, am looking for someone who likes to do this kind of stuff, is kind of patient so I can learn what is going on and wants some dollars in their pocket...any takers?????
Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
coolair

Re: Front Disc Brakes and Power Steering-anyone in Austin or Nearby wanna help?

Do have a place/tools to work on it or do you need shop/tools also? What time frame are you thinking - next week, next spring?? Is this your dailey driver or can the truck be down long enough to do everything @ the same time? Expect delays - missing/wrong parts, etc - projects always take longer than planned.

I'm just putting finishing touches on my 65 so maybe when it is done, I can help depending on the items listed above. Let me know - Mark
coolair is offline   Reply With Quote