The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
bodyman9174

Re: What the hell happened?

Great post I had a hobby air 2 with the hood. Did not care for it just sold it and bought a SAS system with the full face mask. Alot nicer for the couple 100 extra.But the hobby air is ok for the price and if not going to use it alot.I had probs with it overheating.Alot will say that these systems cost to much. I paid 680.00 for mine. Thats cheaper than haveing to go to the ER or the hospital for lung probs.

Last edited by bodyman9174; 01-02-2007 at 10:27 PM.
bodyman9174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Sonny

Re: What the hell happened?

I read through this thread and one thing to make clear is make sure you have the Volitile Organic Compound (VOC) type filters. Most, if not all, masks come with HEPA filters which only are rated for dusts only. Most VOC type filters have black labes (some have black and pink which are a HEPA VOC combo filter). If your filters are blue or pink they are most likey just HEPA only.

If you are working in an enclosed environment you must use a supplied air system. A mask even with VOC type filters will not provide you with enough breathable air when the enclosed area becomes saturated with the overspay vapors.

Sonny
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote