The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
fishmunger

C-Notch Woes

Ok So I'm through day 4 of doing my notches and havent even cut the frame yet! I spent the first two days busting off all the rusted carriage bolts to pull my bed floor, and the next two busting off all these gigantic rivets...ok

So I go to line up my notches (CPP btw) and I notice that on my driver side notch, in the back, the 2 holes that line up with the holes from the panhard mount (left after you bang out the rivets) are different than the picture in the FAQ section.

Lemme explain. The holes themselves line up correctly, but it appears my 64 has a different style panhard mounting point than the one in the FAQ section. So as far as I can see, I have to cut some out of my notch to clear the panhard mount and allow it to sit flush up against the frame. Not exactly "bolt-in."

My question is...anyone else run into this?

thanks,

Nate
fishmunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Re: C-Notch Woes

Nate, got any picts of that interference? Not sure what is different on a 64 vs. my 71, but FWIW my CPP c-notches went without much trouble, but I did have to modify my Early Classics panhard bar setup when I installed some lowering blocks.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
fishmunger

i dont have any pics yet, but i should in about a week when i go back to school and can get on my real computer...turns out the 64 had a slightly different framerail panhard mount>>only came that year...learned this over on chevytalk.com

Nate
fishmunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
jimmydean

Hey BigSky, did you trim your spring plate before installing the notch? I was reading the install guide that Kevin wrote up and it looked like it was a must to fit flush. Yours looks great, btw.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
Hey BigSky, did you trim your spring plate before installing the notch? I was reading the install guide that Kevin wrote up and it looked like it was a must to fit flush. Yours looks great, btw.
I had to trim mine a little. Not much, just the little bit that hangs past the frame rail so that you can butt the notch flush with the frame without it interfering with that little lip.
I just opened the box w/ my KP step notches in them tonight when I got home from the Magic game so I'll be posting my CPP notches soon.

Last edited by 67Fleet; 01-03-2007 at 12:21 AM.
67Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
jimmydean

I bought mine when I got the rest of my stuff from CPP about 3 months ago. I just haven't cut into the frame because I miss driving it and it's taken too long as it is.

It will be about another month or two when I get the new upper arms and I will pull it apart and cut it up then. This rain sucks!
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Quote:
Thanks, yep I cut that plate that was sticking out on the side.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Quote:
...This rain sucks!
Well it is Oregon... Look on the bright side, it could be snow. We are having a big melt right now after a far amount of snow [side roads are wet ice]. My 2wd wouldn't be able to leave the driveway!