The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2002, 10:09 PM   #1
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Unhappy Uh Oh!

I was going to a friends house earlier today to watch the niners game. I was turning left onto a 4 lane split by a canal, 2 lanes on both sides.

Behind me as I turned I noticed was my friends sister. She got next to me on the right and waved and I gunned it, she did the same. Shes got a 5.0 stank and was ahead of me by a car, and coming up sitting at the cross street was a COP! NO!!!

Speed limit was 35 and I was going 40. She was ahead of me so I don't know how fast she was going, but the cop pulled out behind her and followed her as she turned the corner.

I didn't go to her house to see if she got a ticket or not. I felt bad, but had to laugh on the way over to catch the game.

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
mike reeh
5 day ban, learn to behave.

ha!! good story

man you got lucky

mike
mike reeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #3
c10scotty
~THE SILVER BULLET~

oh man that sucks. been in that position before. oh wells
Old 11-10-2002, 11:55 PM   #4
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

haha, you loser, you should have been the one to get pulled over:p
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:51 AM   #5
87gmc
I Got My Engine!!!!!

that reminds me of my ticket. I was following a friend and decided to show him some real power and pulls out to pass him and gunned it and theres a cop hidden in a pull off, yep going 87 in a 55. But the cop was super cool and lowered it so it was only a basic speed ticket, $35.00 Could have Been WAY worse.
1987 GMC HIGH SIERRA LWB 1500

32X11.50
383 TBI/Vortec Heads/Intake
MSD Ignition
Dual Exhaust
Custom Pinstriping
Sweet interior & stereo
http://www.cgalvin29.freehomepage.com
87gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

Quote:
Originally posted by ocbaud
haha, you loser, you should have been the one to get pulled over:p

Kiss my butt Eric! :p

I wondered why he didn't get behind me. My truck stands out like a fat cheerleader.

I got big time lucky. I already have to get my fix it ticket signed off by this Saturday, I don't need any more things to worry about.

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:07 PM   #7
PHOENIX

I had a cop follow me for blocks the other day. I could have sworn he was gonna stop me. I made all kinds of crazy turns and he was there just following me all around

I dont know why he was following me and I dont know why he didnt stop me. He followed my for about 2 miles all the way to my driveway then just drove off.

I guess those "I Support Local Law Enforcement" stickers are really paying off. My mom donates $20 each year to the Ferternal (?) order of Police and they give her some window stickers. They got me out of one ticket!

I ran a stop sign by Maryvale High School and the cop stopped me instantly. I had my .45 sitting on the seat and he didnt even give a damn. I said I have a firearm in the vehicle and he said where I said right here (and pointed at it, but didnt grab for it of course). He said alright and went back to his car. Didnt even look at it twice never ran numbers or anything. Usually they will get you out of the truck atleast. Anyway he noticed the stickers and asked if I had family in law enforcement. I said No (but I do I didnt think of my uncle) anyway I told him we donate and they give us the stickers. He said thats good, nex time stop. Have a good day. And he left. I couldnt believe it. That was a good day!
Old 11-11-2002, 02:34 PM   #8
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

I think I can beat that story....

About 5 yrs ago I was with my old man driving his 94 ZR-1.
Nice day out..hehe...dude with his chick rolls up in a heavily modded LT1 vette. hehe

We ummm....well Stomped it!! Running on a 4 lane new cement road where you can see for miles!! NO one around other than on the other side ofthe road which is seperated by 100 yards of dirt/grass.

So I am royally thumping him and I let off at 170mph!! haha My dad says...dont slow down!! haha Back in the throttle!

To our knowledge after we let off , we were just fine..sitting off the road 1/4 mile about 5 miles past where we raced.
As we are talking a dude and his wife pull up in his wife's hatchback accord old beat up terd....he jumps out hte pass side....screaming and cussing asking for our liscenses.. we are like WTF?? claims that he is CHP so dad says give it to him. He takes em both back to his wifes car comes back throws them at us and just leaves!! haha

So we say screw that and follow him and pull him back over by pulling in front of him and stopping blocking his path.....he jumps out in a fit of rage again and the whole time we are asking questions he is just flippin out and calling names!! haha
Wont answer our questions....tells us he is a cop and he will be contacting us on Monday.

we leave and come monday he calls me in for a drag racing ticket...says we ran his wife off the road....which she wasnt on and was still name calling....

So in the end, we complained to his superior for his lack of control and crudeness and got a $1200 12pt ticket reduced to a 4pt speeding ticket. LOL!!
We did wrong but he handled it all wrong..so his idiocy paid off for me. lmao!!

Oh yeah...it helped to have my dad there....seeing as how he is an ex cop of 19 years!! haaha...telling the guys superior how childish he was acting and saying yes we were speeding but there were no other cars present.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:44 PM   #9
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

wow dave, you could have made that into a novel:p

thats funny though, dumb cops.

here is my story, well, my friend's story.

one night after coming home from a movie together, i was riding with my friend and his girl, in his dads 65' swb. he is talking me back to our church so i could get my truck and our other friend pulled up to us in his 94' izuzu little truck. this is right about 1/8 mile from the police station, on a saturday night! lots of cops out. any way, the light turns green and we all go for it. then at the next light, this van pulls up behind us and follows us to the church. i get out and go to my truck, and the dude in the van gets out and says he's a cop and that uniformed officers are coming to issue a speeding ticket for "drag racing". after about 10 minutes of me waiting because the freakin van has me blocked in, our friend in the izuzu shows up, and after him, 2 cop cars show up. they both got tickets, and i had to wait more than 30 minutes to leave and even after i leave, a cop car follows me for almost a mile, then turns into a house, and turns around the other way.
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 02:49 PM   #10
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Belive it or not...that is the Cliff Notes version!!! hahaa

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #11
PHOENIX

OK I got one more:

We (5 of us) went out for a night of drinking, shooting, and romping. Not really in that order. Anyway we did some shooting out in the desert, then got some drinks (30 pack). We drank them all at a friends house then hit the trail right by his house (way out at jack rabbit trail and I-10). Anyway my friend who was driving (not drunk) drove his 2wd F*rd into a ditch (not really a ditch, but we were stuck in it). With 5 of us we got down and tried to get it out. Shoved rocks under the tires everything. Found a street sign (already broken) and tried using it as a wedge under the tire. We are very clearly visable from I-10. After spinning dirt up and crackin open a few new beers (just bought another 30). I look behind me and see a cop comming up. I said sh*t its the fuz. We did have a few minors, everyone was under 21 except one person. We also had alot of guns from shooting earlier. We also had some herbs. One of the guys who was there was on probation for something stupid (I think he got into a fight). Anyway the cop pulls into the dirt behind us and gets out with his mag light (right in the faces of course). He tells us all to get away from the truck and to stand in a line in front of him. Me and my friend started walking to him, because we couldnt hear him (our ears were jacked from shooting earlier). We got a little to close for his comfort and he jumps back and pulls his gun. He reached over to his shoulder radio and says some codes. He says get back and dont take another step, I warning you! We got back of course. Cops come flying out of nowhere. There must have been 6 cop cars. Then we hear the dog barking. At this time I could have sworn the guy on pro. was gonna run, but he didnt. The cop take our ID's one at a time and then noticed the beer. My friend who was 21 had to pour out every single beer left (20 something of them). He talked to each of us one at a time. He asked us if we were drinking, who was driving and whats in the truck. Right when he asked me whats in the truck I paused. Another cop who I couldnt see (was back by his car) said, they werent in the truck when I pulled up. We told them that one of us lived right there. You could see his house. We were all gonna crash there. He let us all go and never searched the truck. He did tell us that if that truck wasnt there at 6:00 am then he would charge my friend with something (I cant remember what).

Heres the weirdest part they didnt do anything about the guy on probation and my friend who claimed to own the truck didnt have any proof at all. No tags, no registration, no title... nothing! But they let him go. They let us all go scot free. We were all amazed at the luck we had that night.

Sorry that was a long one. Thats the closest I ever came to being charged with anything or being arrested.