The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
Huck

Re: Windshield is killing me...

WES brings up an excellent point and your previous response re rebuilding your windshield frame--could be a problem. What I would suggest is with some help--try to position your new windshield glass within the frame wihout the weatherstrip on. Your glass should be able to show about the same clearance around it's perimiter and the front to rear positioning of the frame should also show approx the same clearances. If the frame is way off, you will never be able to get the glass in or if so, over time it will crack. With the top on, your windshield frame should fit pretty square.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

Well then, maybe thats the whole problem. The driver side is a little farther back than the passenger side. I had intended to use a roll bar to pull it back into line, but have not gotten that far. With the top on, I have to swing the rear of it to get it to line up with the bedsides right, so that would bring the windshield frame into line. That must be the problem. Guess I'll have to step up on the roll bar to get it in line to get the windshield in.

This is why I love this board. Nowhere else could so many help. Thanks guys, Jeff.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #28
69BLAZYA

i put a windshield in mine a few years back .. put thin nylon clothes line in bucket with warm water and soap also put the rubber near the heat so it was plyable.
with the top off (so you can work both side and add pressure where needed)
Put the rubber molding on the windsheild with a bead of silicon (holds the seal to teh windsheild so it wont pop off while working the rope)
Then wrap the soapy nylon rope around the seal with the working ends coming out on the bottom (on top the dash) letting them crisscross for about 6 inches
While you work the rope around also work the rope in toward the windsheild use your other hand to reach over the frame and push on the outer seal
hope i helped!
69BLAZYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #29
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

Thanks guy, it'll have to wait til the fall now though. Left on deployment today, so the Blazer will be all alone in the garage til I get home. Hopefully I can get it done then and drive it before it gets too cold to leave the top off. Thanks again for all the help guys, Jeff.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote