The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
kombreeze

Central Cali Build

Better Late than never....I thought I should finally provide pics of my build. As you may or may not know I was fortunate to pic this truck up in Sacramento. Drove her home and she's been running strong since. Haven't done much but my main regret was not having an a/c Cab but i've remedy that now....I've written several threads and I'm sorry for never providing pics earlier.....Let me know what you think...
Attached Images

kombreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #2
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

Re: Central Cali Build

how much was it ?

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
kombreeze

Re: Central Cali Build/Rad Rod theme

Next steps....I painted my wheels, new tires, bullet lugnuts, tuned her up, Restabbed distributor 180 degrees (it was off), new tires, and starting to buy parts for the rebuild. I promised to use my side money for the build so it's coming along. Clean daily driver RAT ROD is the theme. My welder is 2 months booked and will need my truck for a month once he has it. My neighbor is doing doing what he can until I get the my emblems off, switch cabs, and weld all the holes closed and markers smoothed out. After that he'll prep and smooth it out.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
kombreeze

I paid 2500 with additiinal parts. The guy had the truck towed half way with his AAA because He had never driven it on the FREEWAY just around town and to work. After he towed it I knew it ran so I drove it home.....the rest of the way after we dropped off in Turlock.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
whatnow123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombreeze View Post
I paid 2500 with additiinal parts. The guy had the truck towed half way with his AAA because He had never driven it on the FREEWAY just around town and to work. After he towed it I knew it ran so I drove it home.....the rest of the way after we dropped off in Turlock.

Wow, that is just about the same deal I got on my 67 stepside. You have a few extras like bumpers, but I got boxes of extra brand new parts as well so that made up for it. (I'm going to use roll pans anyway) Mine was towed home as well.

Welcome to the board!
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote