The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
pkj

dual feed carb plumbing

i would like to see some pics of some of the ways people have set up there fuel lines for dual feed carb. thanks, pkj
pkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
larry may

Smile Re: dual feed carb plumbing

I run a braided line to each bowl from the pressure regulator . Sorry do not have a picture. There are one inlet from tank and two outlets on the regulator I have . Also I have a fuel pressure gage at a nopther pposotion on the regulator. Hope this helps.

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
71chevylowrider

Re: dual feed carb plumbing

I bought one of those cool duel braided line setups from Russell, I don't have a picture but it was nice & clean & easy.
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
cst70rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry may View Post
I run a braided line to each bowl from the pressure regulator . Sorry do not have a picture. There are one inlet from tank and two outlets on the regulator I have . Also I have a fuel pressure gage at a nopther pposotion on the regulator. Hope this helps.
Larry, what kind of regulator is it? If it's a holley, it may not be supplying adequate fuel to your carbs. I know, everyone does it. The holley regulators have a tiny orifice for the fuel to flow thru, even smaller than one (1) needle/seat in a holley carb. It's .090 for the regulator and .110 for the aftermarket needle/seat. I worked a setup last year with a 6-71 on a bb chevy and that was the issue. He had 1/2" fuel line with a Y block, going to 2 holley regulators and was way lean in the upper rpms. Not saying this will apply for everyone, but if you're having a lean issue, could be the problem.
cst70rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
sneakysnake
It's a catastrophic success.

I used the solid chrome one but if everything doesnt line up they can leak but the flex ones are more expensive.
Attached Images

sneakysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
larry may

Smile Re: dual feed carb plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cst70rocket View Post
Larry, what kind of regulator is it? If it's a holley, it may not be supplying adequate fuel to your carbs. I know, everyone does it. The holley regulators have a tiny orifice for the fuel to flow thru, even smaller than one (1) needle/seat in a holley carb. It's .090 for the regulator and .110 for the aftermarket needle/seat. I worked a setup last year with a 6-71 on a bb chevy and that was the issue. He had 1/2" fuel line with a Y block, going to 2 holley regulators and was way lean in the upper rpms. Not saying this will apply for everyone, but if you're having a lean issue, could be the problem.
Thanks for the Tip . No I can't say I have or had any issues with getting enough fuel. Not a holly any thing other than a carb. This is very good information you sent . Will keep that in mind and thread in favorite. Thanks cst 70Rocket.............Larry

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Last edited by larry may; 02-01-2007 at 01:42 PM.
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
riche

I used the solid chrome one and turned it backwards. Then turned my distributor so that the vac. adv. canister was the other way. Ran the fuel line up the back of the motor it may be hard to see in this pick but I can take another if needed. Please do not laugh too much at the condition of my truck it was wrecked and has been sitting almost a decade... I plan on getting it back on the road soon!!!!
Attached Images

riche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
pkj

thanks everyone. i want to do something differant. i know i cant run long pieces of rubber fuel line safley. i saw some blue 3/8 inch rubber hse at a circle track supply house. not sure what it was for but looked like some tough stuff. any ideas on this? pkj
pkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
cst70rocket

If you look closely, you can see I ran the blue silicone hose from the fuel pump to a billet Y block in -10. From the Y, I ran -8an braided stainless to -8an fittings on the carb. This is in my daily driver malibu.
cst70rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 AM   #10
kelsfine69
18 Till I Die

Nice and Neat. Base bracket is either Morosso or Holley. fits between carb and intake. Made my own fuel lines with Russell Stuff. Regulator is Holley.
Attached Images

1987 Camaro Iroc 350 Tuned Port Injection
42000Km

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI
1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI(yes 2)

Take me drunk, I'm too home...
kelsfine69 is offline   Reply With Quote