The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Body Mount Hardware

Just picked up a set of poly body mounts for my '70 C10 2wd SWB. They, of course, do not include any hardware. Just wondering if anyone knows what type/size/length/threadcount I should get. This is core support as well as cab.

I thought about pulling one side and then running to the parts store, but I would like to have all of my parts on hand before I start disassembling the truck.

Thanks -Chris

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: Body Mount Hardware

Seriously, you're in for a treat. You won't find all the hardware you need at a hardware store, notably the inner sleeve that prevents the mount from crushing. Let me get a picture for you.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Notice items 14 and 20 in the attached pics. I made some from pipe fittings (I forget what size), they are expensive though! Conduit was a little too small.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/images/0030.jpg

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/images/0031.jpg

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/images/0032.jpg

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-02-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Aarons72s

Shifty, your poly mounts didnt come with the sleves? I put a set on a truck and they had them. I wander if it was a different brand( sorry dont remeber the brand I used)? The set I got had the large round washers, sleves and blue urethane mounts. Had to just supply my own bolts, nuts, lock washers, reuse the old square ones or make new ones and standard washers. If you got a tractor supply company around go get your bolts there as they got grade 8 bolts in the sizes you need and there prices aint bad. Sorry dont remember the sizes tho. But it aint to hard to usually get the old ones out. The rear ones just climb under the cab and undo. Center ones, front floor board, you got to pull the carpet to get to them. They were originally tack welded to the pan but that weld has usually broken along time ago. So you will have to have someone hold it up top while you undo the nut on the bottom. Core support you have to remove the radiator, sorry, it is a carriage bolt on both sides. Just take the nuts off the bottom then push them up. Take the 3 different bolts to the store and match up. I usually replace the carriage bolts up front with regular bolts tho. Oh and by the way, good penatrating lube is great help on these bolts. Good luck.

Last edited by Aarons72s; 02-02-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarons72s View Post
Shifty, your poly mounts didnt come with the sleves? I put a set on a truck and they had them. I wander if it was a different brand( sorry dont remeber the brand I used)? The set I got had the large round washers, sleves and blue urethane mounts. Had to just supply my own bolts, nuts, lock washers, reuse the old square ones or make new ones and standard washers. If you got a tractor supply company around go get your bolts there as they got grade 8 bolts in the sizes you need and there prices aint bad. Sorry dont remember the sizes tho. But it aint to hard to usually get the old ones out. The rear ones just climb under the cab and undo. Center ones, front floor board, you got to pull the carpet to get to them. They were originally tack welded to the pan but that weld has usually broken along time ago. So you will have to have someone hold it up top while you undo the nut on the bottom. Core support you have to remove the radiator, sorry, it is a carriage bolt on both sides. Just take the nuts off the bottom then push them up. Take the 3 different bolts to the store and match up. I usually replace the carriage bolts up front with regular bolts tho. Oh and by the way, good penatrating lube is great help on these bolts. Good luck.
Luckily, mine have the sleeves, just no nuts/bolts/specialty hardware. I was really trying to avoid taking it apart before the parts run...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
shifty
Questionable

In that case, Use diagram above. Parts are actually really easy, and square washer is not required (you could make some with some square Greenlee knockout punches)